ScubaPro 109 Balanced Vs Sherwood Maximus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would be interested if anyone knows if the low-pressure poppet is the same in both the Maximus and the 109? I've converted a few 109s to the new poppet which hasn't been cheap - but see the Maximus poppet on eBay selling for a song ($2.50...)

Working on both SP and Sherwood seconds today, and so tried the Sherwood poppet (1200-11) in place of a Scubapro s-wing poppet.

Does not work, the Sherwood has a slightly wider stem that does not fit the SP balance chamber. I then tried to install the complete Sherwood assembly (poppet, spring, balance chamber) into a G250, but could not get the poppet to engage the lever despite several attempts. Decided that even if I managed to get the the lever engaged, it clearly was not a good match and would not be safe.

A kit from VDH to service a balanced adjustable 109 (156) is $12 and consists of 5 parts, the 109 is very simple and easy to maintain.

I sell full 109-156 conversion kits, lever, orifice, s-wing poppet, long crown X type balance chamber, seat and spring all new stock OEM including all O rings for $55.

Back
Top Bottom