Wanted Scubapro 109s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the 109, I have several of them and use them pretty much exclusively these days, despite having a box full of D series regs and a few others. I don't particularly like the 108s I have; and they are quite different from each other.

The lever/poppet/spring compatibility is a real issue with converting these to balanced. As many as I've worked on (dozens) it seems to be a bit of a crap shoot in terms of which lever will tune best with which poppet. I just think there are very small variations in angles in the levers, maybe the edges on the square hole in the air barrel, feet size, who knows. But generally speaking I end up with the curly-foot lever and a new spring, and that seems to give me the most consistent performance.

To me the weight is a non issue and the standard SP mouthpieces fit fine. I use these things on 2-3 hour dives all the time. I like the lack of drymouth and gentler venturi effect over smaller, plastic 2nd stages.

As promised. Great for tinkering, the body is good condition so if everything was set up (really just needs balance chamber and rubbers) would be a good reg.

There is one guy I know that sells silicone versions now that VDH is not selling.

I do have another that just needs the exhaust tee (from memory). But like others on here my dive gear is scattered across a few locations 😂 so I can grab a photo tomorrow.
Let me say, Bald Wookie’s stuff is nicer then he’s let’s on.

I know this may be a difficult question to answer but can most dive shops do the more meticulous work on 108s? I got an uglier 108 and understand what I have the ability to work on but was curious about local shops.

Really I only need some like this: Scuba Diving Regulator Adjustment Tool Adjusting Tool Inline First Stage Second | eBay

to make the finer adjustments correct?

I know this may be a difficult question to answer but can most dive shops do the more meticulous work on 108s? I got an uglier 108 and understand what I have the ability to work on but was curious about local shops.

Really I only need some like this: Scuba Diving Regulator Adjustment Tool Adjusting Tool Inline First Stage Second | eBay

to make the finer adjustments correct?
Any reg can do what a 108 would need... More a question of will they.
Further, an inline adjuster helps, but isn't "necessary". I don't own one, myself. Of course, if the 108 you got isn't the "HP" variety, there's no adjustable orifice to adjust.

Any reg can do what a 108 would need... More a question of will they.
Further, an inline adjuster helps, but isn't "necessary". I don't own one, myself. Of course, if the 108 you got isn't the "HP" variety, there's no adjustable orifice to adjust.
Well when I get it in my hands I will start to take it apart and post some pics and see what we have!

Back
Top Bottom