Scubapro 620Ti farting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perryed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a new (to me) 620Ti that on exhalation when above water "farts". The exhaust diaphragm vibrates. At any depth underwater it stops. My 600 doesn`t do this and they are of similar designs. I even swapped out the diaphragms but it didn`t make any difference. If I put my finger in the exhaust T and touch the edge of the diaphragm it`ll stop. It doesn`t affect the exhaust effort it just sounds...………….well, like a fart. Anybody have this happen to them and if so is there a fix?

Perfectly normal. Some regs do, some don't "fart".

I have a new (to me) 620Ti that on exhalation when above water "farts".

So, we're taking "fart" and not "Baja blowout?"

It's ok . .

I have a new (to me) 620Ti that on exhalation when above water "farts". It doesn`t affect the exhaust effort it just sounds...………….well, like a fart. Anybody have this happen to them and if so is there a fix?

Just say "oopsie" and look sheepish...........or, just blame it on your flatulent buddy who you can't take ANYWHERE.

No real fix for that. And it's also quite normal so nothing to worry about either.

I actually use that as a tell if I can't quite hear if the reg is leaking or not and I don't have a bucket of water nearby. I plug the mouthpiece with my thumb and if its farting I know its leaking

I have a new (to me) 620Ti that on exhalation when above water "farts". The exhaust diaphragm vibrates. At any depth underwater it stops. My 600 doesn`t do this and they are of similar designs. I even swapped out the diaphragms but it didn`t make any difference. If I put my finger in the exhaust T and touch the edge of the diaphragm it`ll stop. It doesn`t affect the exhaust effort it just sounds...………….well, like a fart. Anybody have this happen to them and if so is there a fix?
I had an s600 do that, it stopped after being serviced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom