Scubapro 6250 W MK 25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suggsrd

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody have one of these? Is it worth doing a rebuild on and usings? I currently use rather plaing US divers regs with no complaints. Thought having adjustable second would be a interesting new trick. any comentson this reg. How old is it?
Bob

You can get an idea about how old the Mk-25 / G250 is by going here and comparing pictures:

HomeMUSEU

It is a great regulator, by the way :wink:

Best wishes.

I have some of these.

It is also Halcyons No1 offering.

It is a great regulator, by the way:wink:

Best wishes.

my contact told me it was a 6250 not G250. Do you think there is such a thing or did he do a typo? I found a few odd references to 6250 on the web but they could be typo also.
Love the Scubapr museum. I always love museum on non ordinary items. Wish they had more writups on each item. Would be cool to discuss the progression of changes over the years. Both technical and diver impresions.

My money is on a typo :wink:

I'm far from a Scubapro expert, but if it is coupled with a Mk25, it would most likely be a G250, G250HP, S600, or the current G250V (but any 2nd could potentially be coupled with the Mk25; the ones I listed are the ones it was commonly sold with).

Best wishes.

The second stage is most likely a G250V, one of the best thing on earth, and the standard 2nd of my family.

The first stage I'm a bit less convinced, we have 4 MK20 and a single MK25. It's marginally cool to have the ability to adjust the IP, but the adjusting screw is very loose when the reg is not under pressure, so I'm a bit worried about the setting. I'll try a bit of teflon tape on mine and report back.

Edit
I mean, the MK20 & the MK25 share the same base, and they're possibly the best piston regs on earth. The 25 adds the external adjustment, and that is questionable.

With due respect, Zung, put the plastic rubber locking protective cap back on and stop fiddling. The previous regs seat metal bits have holes in them.
I far prefer the Mk20 and never really needed to go past the Mk10.

Mimicry is a form of flattery. L

The rubber cap has never came off
The tape is only in my mind
Fiddling is what I'm thinking of
No longer Twenties are to find

Can't beat the combo. definitely typo on the 6 versus G. The adjustable reg really starts to show its' ability at 6o feet on down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom