Scubapro Accent NT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AllieC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello! I'm a newly certified diver and picked up a Scubapro Accent NT for $20. After a good wash and rinse I orally inflated the BCD and it appears to hold air. Any advice on maintenance I can do? And if this is even worth holding onto?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9389.JPG
    IMG_9389.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 152
Hello! I'm a newly certified diver and picked up a Scubapro Accent NT for $20. After a good wash and rinse I orally inflated the BCD and it appears to hold air. Any advice on maintenance I can do? And if this is even worth holding onto?

Thanks!

This BC was made/sold circa mid 90's and we used it in our rental fleet. No issues with it back then and it worked OK. I'd suggest to have it serviced at a local Scubapro Dive center who has a trust worthy service technician.

This BC was made/sold circa mid 90's and we used it in our rental fleet. No issues with it back then and it worked OK. I'd suggest to have it serviced at a local Scubapro Dive center who has a trust worthy service technician.
How much on average can I expect for service to cost? Do you think it would be a good BCD for me to start with or should I spend some money on a newer one?

How much on average can I expect for service to cost? Do you think it would be a good BCD for me to start with or should I spend some money on a newer one?

I am not sure of how much it would cost to check/service the BC in the US since I have been living outside the US for many years now but probably around $25 if there are no major issues with it.

If it hold air and fits you, you should do OK with it.

Pull the bladder completely out of the jacket, inspect it thoroughly - inflated, try to over-inflate it using your breath only. The seams, dump valve and the inflator areas. Make sure it is not patched. If the bladder is colored, look for fading and/or de-lamination - that indicates some decomposition of the material. Squeeze the bladder between your hands to increase the pressure and get the valve to "break seat". If it all checks out you are good to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom