scubapro bella

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lkitch_18

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a new diver but am planning on working my way up to divemaster. I am nervous about buying equipment because I don't want to regret the choices I make now once I am more experienced. I am looking at buying the scubapro bella and was wondering if anyone had any feedback?

Thanks, Lauren

I tried several bc's before I bought my Bella and I truly Love it! It is amazingly comfortable and I love how it can be adjusted. I recently lost 80 lbs, and only needed to tighten some straps in the back and it still fits perfectly. The honeycomb cushion in the shoulders makes a huge difference. With any other BC I always bruise on the shoulders, but never have in the Bella. Also the zippered pockets have tons of room. The tank strap in the back can be removed to accomodate doubles as well. :thumbs-up

Hi,

There was a point where I was considering buying a bella but didn't. You might want to search for "bella" on Scubaboard and read others reviews.

Being that you are going for DM, what lines does your shop carry? Also, do they have a "Try before you Buy" program? ScubaPro makes a great product, however there is a big push away from typical jacket style BC's to back inflation BC's. In this form, ScubaPro also makes the LadyHawk. If you NEVER want to be limited in the future then the answer is a Harness Style. This comes in 2 forms, either BackPlate or Soft Pack.
Examples
BackPlate:
Halcyon Eclipse System HES *Buy Halcyon at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

Soft Pack:
Dive Rite Trans Pac Package ST3000P *Buy Dive Rite at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

Either route you go with these, you will not limit yourself. These systems can do everything from Rec to Tec. For overall Comfort & Control in the water, you can't beat a BackPlate & Wing. I have a staff (men & women, DM's & Instructors) of about 30 divers and they are all in this type of setup. The majority (95%) of our recreational divers are in it as well. The reason this percentage is so high is that I have a pool at our shop thus our divers get to "Try before they Buy."

I deffinately agree it's worth while to try out a Back Plate & Wing before buying a BC. I sold my BC after 40 dives & absolutely love my B/P & Wing. To do it over again I'd pass on the BC & save the money

At least give it a try, one dive and my Ladyhawk was listed for sale.

Just as Dive Junkie1 "wayne"
Has said in the post above definetly look into the Backplate/wing. They look uncomfortable but they are not. That was the first impression from my girlfriend and I. After she tried it on she loved it. We bought the Halcyon Eclipse system. Great thing about this is you wont need to buy 2 and 3 BC's. This system can change and adapt as your diving does. BP/w are easier to get better trim in water. They allow you to remove weight from your waist and your weight pockets.

Back
Top Bottom