Scubapro C300 remove purge cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snwwlkr7

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is the method for removing the purge cover? Am I going to need to buy the scubapro tool to do it?
And does anyone have the service manual /procedure/diagrams or a link to it.
All would be greatly appreciated
97E7FA1B-A250-4F1A-8176-E0269746AFAF.jpeg

If you look on the outside of the housing near the hose you should see a small plastic pin that goes through the aft housing and into the diaphragm cover. You will need to use a tweezer or a small screw driver to pry/pull that pin free, gently. And do not loose it. It simply pushes in and out with finger pressure. Then unscrew the cover with the palm of your hand. I think that is how that one goes.

I saw that pin and couldn’t decide if it was a push in or pull out. I didn’t want to force something and break it.
So you were correct the pin does pull completely out but try and try I cannot get the cover to turn 🥵

I saw that pin and couldn’t decide if it was a push in or pull out. I didn’t want to force something and break it.
So you were correct the pin does pull completely out but try and try I cannot get the cover to turn 🥵

Do you have one of those soft pieces of rubber that are used to open jars? If so try that. Either hold it in your hand or (better) place the rubber on the counter and bear down and twist. It will come off, it is standard thread direction.

James

Do you have one of those soft pieces of rubber that are used to open jars? If so try that. Either hold it in your hand or (better) place the rubber on the counter and bear down and twist. It will come off, it is standard thread direction.

James
I don’t have one but need and will get one tomorrow.
And standard thread direction thanks 👍🏻

PM sent.
Info on the C300.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom