Scubapro Classic is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have a serious complaint about this classic BCD. I bought this expecting the best in quality and it was recommended to me by many of my mates.

It has just died after 22 years! Is this the best they can do? Actually it was still working but had a small air leak around the a small part of the stitching...

Great BCD don't expect a new one to last that long.....

if the leak is in the stitching scubapro may fix/replace under warranty, if you are original owner.

If your "mates" recommended a BCD that you only got 22years of service out of it I think you might look for new and better mates. :facepalm:

You obviously abused it if it only lasted 22 years....

it would be interesting to see if they would warranty it.....

Guys you are all correct - Unfortunately... Most of my mates are either not diving, have health issues, dead or could not give A anymore.

I tried to beat the **** out of this BC for 22 years and like a long-suffering abused wife, it kept coming back for more..

I am sure Scubapro will stand by its product - 22 years is not a long time to an old diver who can still remember, like it was yesterday, nearly drowning in a cave off Cape Town in 1972!

22 years? That's a classic Scubapro classic.

I have had mine for about 15 years now and it is going great with no problems at all. I am getting a different SP BC because I need it for drysuit diving, otherwise my classic is just fine.

My Ladyhawk is great except for where there 'was' a tab to hold the softpack to the backplate. It ripped out. Scubapro recommended I take it to a shoe repair place to get it fixed. I was just supposed to make sure "the repair person didn't put a hole in the bladder'. Well duh.

I shall fix it myself with a needle for sewing canvas and some other goofy DIY ideas I'm mulling around.

In any event, I can't wait to hear what Scubapro offers the OP. :)

My Ladyhawk is great except for where there 'was' a tab to hold the softpack to the backplate. It ripped out. Scubapro recommended I take it to a shoe repair place to get it fixed. I was just supposed to make sure "the repair person didn't put a hole in the bladder'. Well duh.

I shall fix it myself with a needle for sewing canvas and some other goofy DIY ideas I'm mulling around.

In any event, I can't wait to hear what Scubapro offers the OP. :)

My wife's broke in the same place. Took it to the shop where we bought it and they sent it to ScubaPro. Repaired at no cost - only charge was for return shipping.

Back
Top Bottom