Scubapro D400 Diaphragm Source

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahh, figures since they aren't included in other service kits. I bought an old d400 when I first started to learn about servicing regs but haven't had the courage to pull it apart yet. Thinking about picking up one of those kits from Bryan and just jump into it. Wishing he would post a video as he has with other regulators.

They are not that complicated. Just different. I have some service literature I can get to you. Halocline, rslinger or Axxel57 are all very knowledgeable on these regs. I'm no expert but have more or less successfully serviced two and of course happy to help anyway I can.

The VDH kits do contain more than the official SP kits which only contain the poppet assembly, square switch O ring and lever nut.

Actually the photo on the vdh site linked above looks like a OEM kit. A few years back I bought a bag of 50 D series poppets and put together a few kits including all the o-rings for the D series and/or Air1 for vdh. Those were just packaged in a small baggie. They included a round o-ring for the switch.

Getting back to the diaphragm, I think I have 1 spare D series diaphragm and I can't sell it. But, I've had it for years, which means I've gone through maybe 10 D300s without ever needing to replace the diaphragm. So chances are very good that buying a D300/350/400 used would yield a good diaphragm. There is an assembly to it; exhaust valve, a little post, and cap.

You do know that as soon as you sell your one spare diaphragm you'll need it right?

Edit: I just looked thru my stash-sorry no scrotum diaphragm in there. I did see some odd looking items that might be the exhaust valve. I cannot tell from the diagram, so if someone can post a picture I can confirm.

Last edited:
Actually the photo on the vdh site linked above looks like a OEM kit. A few years back I bought a bag of 50 D series poppets and put together a few kits including all the o-rings for the D series and/or Air1 for vdh. Those were just packaged in a small baggie. They included a round o-ring for the switch.

Getting back to the diaphragm, I think I have 1 spare D series diaphragm and I can't sell it. But, I've had it for years, which means I've gone through maybe 10 D300s without ever needing to replace the diaphragm. So chances are very good that buying a D300/350/400 used would yield a good diaphragm. There is an assembly to it; exhaust valve, a little post, and cap.

Thanks for the clarification Matt, I haven't actually seen the kits on VDH I just remembered you making some for them that included additional O rings so assumed that's what they were selling. My mistake.

Yeah, I've got extra D-series diaphragms. PM me, and we can take care of it.

Thanks for your reply. Trying to figure out how to pm you. Lol

try napascuba at the gmail place

Or click on my avatar, then click "start a conversation"
Sorry, PM is an obsolete SB term

I started a conversation. Not familiar with Napa Scuba at the Gmail place. Is that a Google storefront?

Back
Top Bottom