ScubaPro dive computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am currently looking into replacing my old dive computer, and I have been checking out the Scubapro dive computers, I was wondering if anyone had any insight into their dive computers? The M2 looks good if a bit excessive, but I was wondering if anyone knew about how conservative they are, how long battery life is, and just how reliable they are in general?

There are much better computers out there than the M2. That model never quite took off competing with Suunto, Shearwater, Ratio, Oceanics etc who are all providing color screens without the silly irrelevant "bio" metrics measured by SP.

SP purchased but have done nothing with Seabear in almost two years. They've done nothing with the rest of their range either. I would focus on other brands at this time. Most SB members are fans of Shearwater for good reason.

There are many of us up here that have had very look luck with the Luna and Sol dive computer. The two computers are the most intuitive dive computer I've ever dived with (including my Shearwater). Many like the Luna/Sol because of the big screen making it easy to read. They also hold up well in cold water. The battery in my Shearwater has to be changed quite often when diving in cold water (30s & 40s).

Agree, everyone I know with a Luna/sol is very happy and none of them seem to have any problems with them, but I think you can get more for less now. They are not cheap.

Worth every penny! If it had a color screen it would put a huge dent in the market. Almost bought a shearwater, glad I didn't. I'm no longer interested in technical diving so the scubapro Luna is almost perfect, a hi-vis color screen would put it over the top. If you actually take 5 minutes and play with one you will see what I mean. It is the easiest to setup and use. I had it set up and personalized in a few minutes. Then I read the manual. Try that with anything else.

It is also air integrated. So don't overlook that.

Galileo with color should be avail in the spring...no idea about price but knowing SP it will not be cheap!

Worth every penny! If it had a color screen it would put a huge dent in the market. Almost bought a shearwater, glad I didn't. I'm no longer interested in technical diving so the scubapro Luna is almost perfect, a hi-vis color screen would put it over the top. If you actually take 5 minutes and play with one you will see what I mean. It is the easiest to setup and use. I had it set up and personalized in a few minutes. Then I read the manual. Try that with anything else.

It is also air integrated. So don't overlook that.
I looked at many Dive computers before buying my original Petral 2. To me, esp in Rec OC mode, it had the clearest presentation of data of any computer out there - the screen and info layout is fantastic. It is also incredibly easy to setup, personalize and use without reading the manual, if so desired (you should still read it). I don't think you would have been disappointed had you gone that route (other than a somewhat higher cost = ~$200 with transmitter). I don't plan on going tech, but my SW would support that if I did - in the meantime, the OC rec mode on it is awesome (and now I have AI as well with my new Perdix AI).

I'm glad to see they finally made the AI, but $1,525 is a bit much for an asking price. They should have kept the price in the realm of reality and they would sell a lot of them. But $500 difference in price over the Luna? Same or slightly higher price than Scubapro I would be interested to buy one, I'll think I will just wait and see the color version of the Luna and the price.

scubapro does a lot of things well. computers is not one of them.

I'm glad to see they finally made the AI, but $1,525 is a bit much for an asking price. They should have kept the price in the realm of reality and they would sell a lot of them. But $500 difference in price over the Luna? Same or slightly higher price than Scubapro I would be interested to buy one, I'll think I will just wait and see the color version of the Luna and the price.
If you are talking about the Perdix AI, it's $1,175 with the transmitter - $935 without the transmitter (if you already have a compatible PPS transmitter).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom