ScubaPro Framless with mustache

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolfie_47

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking to replace my piece-of -s*** Mares ESA mask with something that will keep more water out that it lets in. I am leaning toward the Ocean master Equalizer ONE or the ScubaPro frameless, the ocean master seems to have a more narrow skirt that should work well with a mustache (I trim about a 1/4" below the nose) but I really like the SP better. Has anyone dove the SP frameless with a mustache? How did it work? Any known problems with the SP mask quality wise?

I dive the sp frameless and had a mustache up untill a few months ago. It sealed very well. I found that it sealed well even if i didnt shave at all. If you get a little stubble under it it seamed to leak more than if you hadn't shaved. As with every other mask ive used though, some days it just wouldnt seal(bad mustache hair day?)I finally caved in and shaved mine off while doing a cave diving course. With everyhting else going on i figured i didnt need mask issues too.

Wolfie_47:
I am looking to replace my piece-of -s*** Mares ESA mask with something that will keep more water out that it lets in. I am leaning toward the Ocean master Equalizer ONE or the ScubaPro frameless, the ocean master seems to have a more narrow skirt that should work well with a mustache (I trim about a 1/4" below the nose) but I really like the SP better. Has anyone dove the SP frameless with a mustache? How did it work? Any known problems with the SP mask quality wise?

I own a ScubaPro frameless mask, but unfortunately never use it. I think it's an excellent, low volume mask, but it simply doesn't fit me (it was given to me as a gift). If you have a narrow face or need a smaller skirt, this mask won't be for you. if you have a standard or larger face, it should work fine. alot of my friends use the same mask and they all love it. i don't think a mustache is much of an issue.

ChickenBone:
I own a ScubaPro frameless mask, but unfortunately never use it. I think it's an excellent, low volume mask, but it simply doesn't fit me (it was given to me as a gift). If you have a narrow face or need a smaller skirt, this mask won't be for you. if you have a standard or larger face, it should work fine. alot of my friends use the same mask and they all love it. i don't think a mustache is much of an issue.
What would be a good mask for a small frame face. I can't find one that doesn't leak.

The Sporasub Samurai mask is excellent for small or narrow faces. I have one, and have not had any issues with it. it has extremely low volume, and its a breeze to clear it when you need to. Sea Vision also has masks designed for smaller faces. i haven't tried one myself but hear nothing but good things about them.

I have the Scubapro Frameless and it sure is a nice mask. At first I had the older model crystal view and I didn't like it, too long, windows were annoying so I got the frameless and it sure has been nice. And so low volume, it just takes a puff to clear it when flooded.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom