ScubaPro = FreeFlow????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The older scubapro regs were a little finicky. They didn't always stay in adjustment.

The 200B is the old 250 but without any teflon coating and I'm not sure what else as this reg was on the market when we were buoycotting scubapro and diving apex. Unfortunately I haven't had the disspleasure of servicing any.

This regulator should be normal like the 250, and we've had them really deep, and in some pretty crazy conditions. If 3 diveshops have "serviced" this regulator they should all be blown up with C4! I've had dealings with diveshops that said they serviced something, paid $35.00 for them to do nothing. If its still freeflowing take it back in and watch them try to fix it.

I would get the lever height dropped, keep the Viva off, and turn the adjustable breathing knob down will also drop the lever height.

The regulator may need to be sent to scubapro US. They will fix it they are a good company to deal with.

Keep us posted, and Good luck!

:fork:

Originally posted by Matt
I would get the lever height dropped, keep the Viva off, and turn the adjustable breathing knob down will also drop the lever height.

Um...Matt

The VIVA doesn't have an off position. It goes from Min to Max.

Also, the G200B doesn't have a breathing adjustment knob. That's the G250 you are talking about.

As for dropping the lever height? I think you will have a hard time finding an authorized Scubapro shop that will perform un-authorized engineering modifications to the G200B demand lever. I'm an authorized Scubapro dealer and I sure wouldn't.

When you are looking for that shop, please don't blow up the shops that don't honor your request with C-4. :boom:

Hey Luvdiving:

Is this reg the one's that oceanic used to make? Was the 250 graphite out yet?

If so they still aren't all that bad to fix?? Just a pain in the butt!

I just checked the service manual and there's nothing different according to the pics??

Its hard to imagine w/out it being right here appart on my desk. But it doesn't appear all that different.

1. Is this reg the one's that oceanic used to make? Was the 250 graphite out yet?

2. If so they still aren't all that bad to fix?? Just a pain in the butt!

3. I just checked the service manual and there's nothing different according to the pics??

Hi Matt

1. The G200B and the G250 have always been graphite and always made by Scubapro. Scubapro did made a brass version of the G250, but it was just called the "adjustable". The "adjustable" was a super reg. in it's time.

2. The G200B isn't all that hard to service, just to adjust.

3. There would have to be something different between the G200B and the G250. Otherwise they would both be named the same thing. Look for the breathing adjustment knob on the G200B. It's not there. It is however, on the G250. That's the difference between the two regs.:boom:

The one thing I noticed in the parts schematic was that there was a second spring where the balance chamber and poppet are. There isn't one there on the G250. It could be that the spring needs to be replaced with a new one that will give more tension.

Does that make sense to you??

You're right its not the oceanic 2nd stage. They did however make the first stage stage at one point it was an alpha sport first stage in the MK10.

This may help. Don't know

It's probably the spring. You should call Scubapro to see if there is a service bulletin. If not, replace with a new spring of the same number(1-020-216). Better yet, send the reg to SP.

The G200B is a plastic reg similar in some ways to the old balanced adjustable metal reg and the G250 except it doesn't have an adjustment knob, it uses an adjustment "plug". It does have a flow vane like the 250. Some of the balance valve parts are interchangeable with both the metal reg and the 250.

There is virtually no interchangeability with the G250HP.

Send it back tu SC with an anoied letter. and if you are lucky they send you a new G250 if you are realy lucky an S600.
They do srange things to keep up the reputation at times.

Originally posted by Matt Your right its not the oceanic 2nd stage. They did however make the first stage stage at one point it was an alpha sport first stage in the MK10.

This may help. Don't know [/B]

Matt

I would be hard pressed to believe that the Scubapro MK10 was an Oceanic sport first stage. The MK10 IS a first stage. How could you have a first stage IN a first stage? Am I reading too much into this?:boom:

I had a mk20 with the same problem.. Take it to a dive shop and tell them to put a pressure gauge to test the IP on it.. I think it should be about 125 psi or so.. Leave it hooked up for a while 1-2 hrs.. See if the IP pressure starts to creep up.. If it does thats the problem.. I have heard of some people having a hair line crack in the piston that caused this problem..

Piston crack? Really. I wonder if "honkeye" is reading this.

Anyway, if you read this thread it was stated that swaping seconds cured the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom