ScubaPro G-500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove it again Thursday. Starting to warm up to this reg but set too light now. Had a minor free-flow, took a third of a turn on the knob to tune out. I made one more set of adjustments on the balance chamber. Will dive again next week. I want a tiny freeflow hen the knob is all the way out but that was too much.

Dove it again today after adjusting the balance chamber again yesterday.

Started out fine, ended the dive with a slight free flow that required a 1/4 turn to tune out.

I am convinced I have some kind of 'drift' going on the the balance chamber with that small adjustor.

I purchased like ten balance chambers off of ebay a while ago cheap, I suspect the owner upgraded a bunch to the newer standard that does not require the special tool which I have so no biggie.

Has anyone heard of the balance chamber adjustment having this drift issue?

Found out one of the tiny O-Rings on the balance chamber set screw assembly was missing.

I was able to even add one more O-ring to increase resistance to turning.

Dove it today, problem finally solved. A shorter inflator hose and I will call it where I want it.

It appears I was victorious. I would have dove it twice but I wanted to play with my new Bal Adj.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom