Scubapro G250 and Graphite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perryed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone tell me the difference between the G250 and the G250 Graphite? I have them both and have had them apart and still can`t tell the difference. Thanks!

As I recollect (1986??), there was a change in the plastic formulation for the case and cover. I'm not sure there is a visible way to tell, tho' shortly after, Scubapro began adding subtle graphics to the cover design.

yep, it was the "must bring something "new" to market for folks to buy" marketing ploy. The Graphite is a "must have" over the predecessor because it was marketed as weighing less.... nothing else save a cosmetic thing or two. Same regulator inside.

but "new and improved".... lol

The G250 Graphite has a metal orifice and adjustment knob rather than the plastic found in many later versions. Also, it has a smaller viva adjustment knob than later versions.

Attached is a G250 evolution timeline that is fun to look at, although it is missing at least one version and probably more.

Attachments

• G250 history.pdf
    634.6 KB · Views: 392
Thanks guys. I didn`t think it was anything big. Nice to have the confirmation.

@Kupu, Thanks!

So my pristine G250 is one of the 1991 Italian models. I appreciate that information.

My G250v's are used for the more challenging (rocks, roots) dives, my G250's (red and blue purge button stickers) are used for cake dives and my lovely 250 (that I bought from some guy on the internet :wink: ) only gets out on 'primo' dives.

@buddhasummer, PM me sometime. Been a while...

I note this thread is “old,” but I have a 250 with a “pebble-finished” case, a larger plastic adjustment knob, but does not have the “G250HP” designation. I have the first-generation and a “graphite,” but what is this one?

I note this thread is “old,” but I have a 250 with a “pebble-finished” case, a larger plastic adjustment knob, but does not have the “G250HP” designation. I have the first-generation and a “graphite,” but what is this one?
Post some pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom