Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD Weight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you everyone for helping me find the weight of the bcd. I got a chance to try and compare the Hydros Pro with the Biolite. The Biolite is supposed to be ~5.5lbs but it felt featherlite compared with the Hydros Pro, even with the tech/travel straps. The Hydros Pro was outright heavy. Even the shop owner said it wasn't ideal for travelling if one was concerned about weight. Now I'm confused with the figures provided by Scuba Pro cause it certainly did not "feel" like it was 9lbs or less...
:idk:
I guess one thing to consider is that the Hydros Pro is a no compromise BCD. It's relatively lightweight and good for travel, however, it is just as capable as any other BCD in other roles, and it's built to last. I'm sure the Biolite is a great travel BCD and it seems to be a couple ounces lighter, so if you're looking for something soley for travel, it's likely a great choice. If you're looking for a great all around BCD, I've been super happy with my Hydros Pro in that role.

Mine (S size) is 3.6 kg with the travel straps and 2 OMS ditchable weight pockets (those are a bit lighter and less bulky than the Scupapro's one)
As it was said it is not exactly a travel BCD but more sturdy.
I use mine for travel and for all my dives home. Great BCD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom