scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, thanks for reply, it means my head was going back, feet came up. I usually hang out either straight up and down or with legs crossed in a sitting position

I understand about the feet coming up but not sure exactly what you mean by the head. In any case, this is the position you are ideally shooting for and spend the most time in when diving. If it's closer to that than you've ever been before, then I would say it's correct and doing its job. Picture below.

diving_trim.jpg

I have an old bcd and it's time to upgrade. I went into my dive shop looking for something like a Hogarth rig and came out almost sold on this Hydros Pro. If you have had experience with it can you comment? I'm a single tank warm water diver. Thanks!
Get a simple BP/W setup. It’s cheaper (by a couple hundred $$$). Stronger. More modular. More practical. Better.

Forget the Hydros, it’s an over expensive jacket, that *tries* to resemble a BP/W, but it fails. It that has little coloured bits that you can stick on to it........ who cares.
.... It’s a hairdressers version of a BP/W.

Don’t bother.

Hi, thanks for reply, it means my head was going back, feet came up. I usually hang out either straight up and down or with legs crossed in a sitting position

The problem with hanging like that is that any movement of your fins is going to send you in one direction--toward the surface. You can't get to your buddy to donate gas or do anything else until you get more or less flat in the water, so why not just stay that way? It's nicely illustrated in the photo above.

Last edited:
Yes! Thanks for posting that thread. That is the thread I was referencing.
Hi, I was still wondering if you can tell me what dive insurance company had a ryder that covered, death of a passenger on a liveaboard, thanks

While I don't have a Hydros Pro, I know two folks that do. They have since sold their BP/W's and only dive the HP now. They said they found it to be superior to their BP/W's. Maybe you can try one somewhere.

I understand about the feet coming up but not sure exactly what you mean by the head. In any case, this is the position you are ideally shooting for and spend the most time in when diving. If it's closer to that than you've ever been before, then I would say it's correct and doing its job. Picture below.

View attachment 437311
Excellent trim-but wait, is that a snorkel??? :wink: And no DIN first stage? :(

Last edited:
While I don't have a Hydros Pro, I know two folks that do. They have since sold their BP/W's and only dive the HP now. They said they found it to be superior to their BP/W's. Maybe you can try one somewhere.
How did they find it superior?

How did they find it superior?

Really only talked to one guy at any length about it. He felt the overall quality was better than his BP/W and he said it fit him like a glove. He didn’t think any BC would fit him better than his BP/W but this did. My takeaway from the conversation was the HP gave him everything his BP/W gave him and then some.

Back
Top Bottom