Scubapro Hydros Pro (sizing opinion)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always wanted to try the backplate and wing. But I hear it takes a lot of Gus to get it setup, and I’m too OCD for that. I would never stop trying to tweak. I just want to toss my stuff on and get to the dive :wink:
I’m not sure what your local LDS is like, but with an experienced hand, a BP/W can be adjusted with ~95% accuracy in ten minutes. Five minutes of potential adjustments after a dive and you’re done indefinitely.

B/Wings are easy to setup, and mine are one piece harness.
I don't need a crotch strap with this and I love the trim pockets on this BC.
My trim is the same as my B/Ws
I just need more time in the water. I’m moving to an area that is near a quarry… planning on diving it to get used to being back in the water again. Plus I’ll work on trimming my gear and tweaking my skills. Might even get back at some certifications. Time will tell. Right now I’m just trying to get back some of the gear I was used to.

W
I’m not sure what your local LDS is like, but with an experienced hand, a BP/W can be adjusted with ~95% accuracy in ten minutes. Five minutes of potential adjustments after a dive and you’re done indefinitely.
Wow! Really? Now I am interested in learning more. I was on track to be more of a technical diver. But now I’m older and just want to get back into something I loved doing. This Hydros Pro seemed like a good first step.

I was on track to be more of a technical diver
Well a B/Wing is for you.
If you are not "one of the poors", buy both, B/W can be cheaper and a trained ape can set it up, [I bought the expensive, that's just me].
Not for me anymore, no more CCR, drysuit and Technical dives, retired from all that.

I cast the bait, poors and apes, who will bite.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom