Scubapro LadyHawk BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI,

I purchased my AIR2 separately from my KnightHawk. I sell that BCD as well as the LadyHawk. I just sold them respectively to my stepfather and my mother. Both of them bought them off of the rack and have normal inflators W/O Air2's.

I bought mine at keyman prices and the Air2 was part of the package for me, so why not buy it not at those prices?? Anyway, the Air2 is a separate purchase, at least at the LDS I work at which is an authorized SP dealer.

If anyone tells you differently, they are either mistaken, or pulling your leg. ANYONE CAN BUY A LADYAHWK OR A KNIGHTHAWK WITOUT AN AIR2. That's a fact.

Also, I know an owner of a dive shop in Chicago that will more than likely vouch for my statements as she knows the owner of the diveshop that I work at. PM me for details.

would best describe the SP bc's with Air2...... You don't have to get it, but most LDS's order their stock with it already attatched ..... You'd have to know it's an option and extra cost at that, to demand a bc without it, and at the lower price.

Keep in mind also, that the Air2 uses a different inflator hose (larger flow Quick Connect) if you plan to get rid of the A2

Darlene

hantzu701 once bubbled...
Can someone confirm coberry7?

The 'Hawks are definitely available without the AIR2.

...and in the "without" configuration, the package includes an LP inflator hose with the BC.

I'd recommend your friend go back to the diveshop and tell them that she doesn't want or need the Air2, and she wants a refund.

And (shame, shame), as the knowledgable helpful diveshop, they _knew_ that she already had an Octopus, and should have discussed the Air2 subject _before_ selling the product and let her decide beforehand.

She didn't want to have to pay for switching from Air2 to a normal inflator hose.

An Air2 for an inflator hose? I'll trade. An LP inflator hose is the fraction of the cost of an Air2...I'll make a killing on eBay :)

The easiest thing for the diveshop to do is to simply swap the inflator/dump corrogated hose assembly with another BC in the shop. This takes no tools and no more than 5 minutes (including taking the assembly off another BC).

If they're obstinate, just return the whole BC and get a full refund...there's other shops that will sell you a 'Hawk without the AIR2. If you're in NJ, I can point her to one.

-hh

hantzu701 once bubbled...
Can someone confirm coberry7?
From the SP brochure:
p20 - Air2 (also available with balanced power inflator)
p21 - Air2 system .... available on all Scubapro BCs ...
p26 - Ladyhawk ... Available with Air2 or Balanced Power Inflator ...
- MSRP with Air2 $606
- MSRP with Balanced Power Inflator $508

Those are from the 2004 catalog, but it was optional in 2003, too.
I can't remember it ever being standard. Same with Zeagle & Octo+.
You can check the SP website, ought to say it on there.
Your friend didn't get good advice at her LDS. :upset:

Looks like I'll be going to the LDS with my friend.

Thanks for everyone's input!

HanTzu

On my first dive in my new LadyHawk BC, the DM told me that I had a sweet setup, but that I might have trouble down the road, as the inner workings of the LadyHawk are quite complicated, compared to most BCs.

Does anyone know if this is true? If so, what can I do to compensate?

Thanks!

Deep

*NO,for a fact the lady hawk does not come standard with an air 2, now if the lds only had that one in stock and she wanted to take it home that day its a different story,

*But she did not get a bum deal, especialy if she plans on traveling, losing a hose is great for streamlining your rig, also the air 2 hangs in perfect spot for a backup, out of the mud and un impeaded. If she losses her bcd, fins, masks. I think she has much greater concerns other than renting or borrowing a octopus if she losses her gear.

concerning being displeased with maintaining three regulators, she should have her octopus maintained along with her 1st,2nd stages. many times the octopuses are in worse shape that the primary reg.

and for paying for another hose all she "needs" to buy is a $10 quick disconect for the lp hose, and take the air 2 chuck off, all you need is a couple wrenches

bottom line, unless she plans on using that octo in a feasable dive plan, get rid of it, no one thats out of air, swimming for their life wants to be handed a reg thats anything less that high performance i.e. your primary, and the doner using the air 2, run it by her, it took me a while before I felll for the air 2 and now Im glad I did.

love2godeep-
complicated inner workings? maybe compared to an AT-PAK, Did the DM clarify that at all, I'm not sure what that could possibly mean.

My Scuba Pro LadyHawk BCD with integrated weights, Mfg Code 22.401.410, serial # 1316592179. DON'T buy this. We were on a live aboard in Komodo and 3 of us had this BCD bought new in 2016. All 3 of us had major problems. One person was upside down on her head during most of the dives. Another of us was lopsided with air, she sort of eventually fixed this by playing with the little straps tucked in the BCS. My air would be on one side only then during the same dive on the other side only so the dive guide kept trying to even me out under water. But the biggest, most dangerous problem was I would be neutrally bouyant for 5 to 7 minutes then, without adding air, I would rocket to the surface. This went on constantly and was VERY dangerous. I've been diving for 35 years and have never had issues with my BCD. Luckily the liveaboard had BCD's for rent. I rented a ScubaPro T-One and am back to being completely in control. I will be throwing this LadyHawk BCD in the garbage as I wouldn't want anyone to use it and lose their life from the constant uninitiated depth changes. At depth I never felt in control with the LadyHawk BCD and was frequently wanting to abort dives. On the surface it is extremely uncomfortable as you would need to get your feet up in front of you and try to float backwards but it is VERY difficult to get the BCD to allow you to do this as it wants to push you forward, face down. I you like to be out of control and miserable on dives, this is the BCD for you.

Back
Top Bottom