Scubapro Mantis 2.0 E76 Error code

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fridaysniper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,

I just received my brand new Scubapro Mantis 2.0 from a place called DiveInn. Very exciting and all, however on opening the box and pressing a button to wake the unit up - nothing happened. Pressed the button a few more times and all it does is show E76 which I presume is an error code. According to the (honestly!) p*sspoor manual that came with it if your unit shows any error codes you have to send it back to the manufacturer..

Considering that I have had 18 years good service out of my Aladin Pros I am very disappointed that a clearly defective unit has been sent out by DiveInn. I suppose it could be that it was sitting on a shelf for some time and now the battery is faulty but I am not going to fanny around trying to replace the battery when the damn thing doesn't even work. If it still doesn't work after the battery replacement I can't send it back for a refund, can I?

I have reached out to Scubapro and to DiveInn and hopefully they will make it right in time for my upcoming trip to Florida. .

Really disappointed and am now considering sending it back and just getting myself an Aqualung i300 or something. I feel that I can't trust the Mantis now.

Just an update if anyone else has this problem. Scubapro came back to me and told me that the E76 error is probably due to a voltage drop whilst the computer was in transit. They advised that I take it to an AD to have the battery compartment opened, battery taken out and reseated and that should clear the error.

Feeling brave I did it myself... Whilst I was still working out how to take out the battery I removed the little white nylon ring (or half-ring) and the unit sprang to life. I closed it up again (you really have to put your back into it to get the little marks on the casing to line up to ensure it's water tight) and now it seems fine. I'll take it diving next weekend and see what it does then.

Hi, thank you for the testimony.
It just happened to my M2 computer.
Brand new, used in just one pool dive yesterday, for testing...

Back
Top Bottom