Scubapro MK 16 regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjcd

New
Reaction score
Anyone know how long these were in production and any neg or pos feedback? Is the replacement for them the MK 17 or the MK 11?

I've used two of these for years on my stage bottles (R190 seconds) and they seem to work flawlessly. Mostly at 68-70 degree water at 100' but no issues at 180' to 200' feet either.

Another question is will the MK 18 service kit work with this reg? I'm thinking about DIY and was told that some of these are interchangeable to other models. Also can't seem to find a plastic end cap for MK 16.

Any thoughts?

I have 2 of them with a 380 on each with 190 octo...been working great, no issues at all. Not sure about the service kit as I bought the MK16 and MK10 service kits but mine are the updated ones with the MK17 parts and a few spares to keep them running for a while. I think that they applied to the MK 18 as well, the only difference I think was the movable turret on it.

I like them and so do my sons

diverjcd,

The MK16 was in service for a couple years following the MK14 & MK18 as a diaphragm first stage. If yours has not had the internal parts upgraded, you should do that next. The longevity and performance are greatly enhanced and there is a kit for that. Afterwards, one can use the MK11/MK16/MK18 service kit.

diverjcd,

The MK16 was in service for a couple years following the MK14 & MK18 as a diaphragm first stage. If yours has not had the internal parts upgraded, you should do that next. The longevity and performance are greatly enhanced and there is a kit for that. Afterwards, one can use the MK11/MK16/MK18 service kit.

Is there anyway to tell? What is the cost of the upgrade? Can they be sent to Scubapro?

Unless you got a PM, I don't see a reply to your last.
The shop I work for uses Mk16s in their rental gear and for instruction. Great predecessor to the Mk18, and I have been in the process of upgrading all our rental regs to Mk18 internals whenever I'm not servicing customers' gear.
The upgrade is easy to see when you break open the reg body - the Mk 18 poppet is a completely different shape and the mating requires a different orifice. There is no indicator from the outside. Easy to do at any authorized Scubapro repair station as the kit is a standard Mk18 overhaul kit. Kit cost shouldn't be more than $25-45 depending upon where you are in the US, and labor would be shop's standard overhaul charge. DIY guys may be a little challenged to open the reg without spalling the brass, as a special wrench is used.
PM me if you need more info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom