Scubapro MK15 serivce

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A 3D boot has less elasticity on the sides than a rubber boot. In that case, I'd mount the boot to the ambient cap before you screw it down. It'll be less easy to slip a syringe under the edges with a 3D plastic boot. Then, when you screw down the cap and the grease starts coming out of the holes, massage the boot to work the air out as you screw it down. The air will follow the path of least resistance around the edge of the boot.
Pressurize as before, massage flat, wipe and depressurize.

I believe the 3D printed boot will be made of silicone so hopefully will work much like the original.

By the way I have a MK15 that I'll never use, if anyone wants it it's yours for the price of shipping. Cheers.

91AF5E38-81D3-43ED-99F2-F6FA76C7A484.jpeg

Oops, my mistake, it's a MK20, offer still stands.

Update: gone to a lovely man in Texas) (@couv)

Does anyone know if there is a video on servicing MK15 available?
Thanks.

No MK15 service video that I know of. The excellent service manual was written and illustrated by Pete Wolfinger, who wrote the bible on regulator service.* Probably the most ignored step in servicing a MK15 is NOT TO REMOVE THE FRONT BUSHING. (Ambient side bushing.)

*Regulator Savvy Book

Hi guys,
I am back. Sitting here at night taking the MK15 apart. I have couple more questions, hope you don't mind.

One of the earlier respond Halocline mentioned "2) Don't try to remove the plastic bushing on the ambient chamber side of the HP o-ring. There is another one on the HP side of the o-ring that you do replace. These bushings are both part #9 in the schematic I have."
Is it this one here? (on the low pressure side)

Attachments

• IMG_1949.JPG
    IMG_1949.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 81
I am trying to post each question with each image separately so that I won't get confused if anyone give me an answer. Hope everyone don't mind.

My next question is that I can see another plastic bushing on the other side too (high pressure side), which need to be replaced, but I feel if I take it off I most likely will damage it, while I don't have one to replace. I think I should just leave it alone and clean them all well. Is that ok?

Actually, I am going to have to reuse the brown bushing and the c-circlip (in this image). I don't have new parts, and they don't look like they can easily be damaged. Please don't say no.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1950.JPG
    IMG_1950.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 78
Last question, for now :D
Beside that white plastic bushing, everything is off apart, but I don't see any shim on this MK15 at all. Does MK15 usually have shim? Am I missing any thing?

Thanks everyone in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1948.JPG
    IMG_1948.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 138
Hi guys,
I am back. Sitting here at night taking the MK15 apart. I have couple more questions, hope you don't mind.

One of the earlier respond Halocline mentioned "2) Don't try to remove the plastic bushing on the ambient chamber side of the HP o-ring. There is another one on the HP side of the o-ring that you do replace. These bushings are both part #9 in the schematic I have."
Is it this one here? (on the low pressure side)
Yes that’s the one to leave in place.

Back
Top Bottom