Scubapro MK17 - Will this work with Titan / Calypso second stages>

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brinh123

Registered
Reaction score
Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot, United Kingdom, Un
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought a Titan package with the calypso octopus, titan first stage and titan LX second stage a few years ago.

I want to upgrade to have 2 HP ports (for Suunto transmitter and backup SPG.) I've found a first stage (Scubapro MK17) with 2 HP ports with my preferred supplier and want to make sure the setup is compatible. Can someone here confirm this?

(I read on scubaboard that the titan is now available with 2 HP ports, but I haven't seen it for sale in the UK let alone without a second stage / octopus.)

Many thanks in advance!

No problem at all with the possible exception that the first or second stages may need to be tuned a little if the IP between the 2 first stage is considerably different. It shouldn't be but you never know, still it's a minor adjustment anyone can make.

Well, maybe not anyone but it is fairly simple. You will need a few tools and an IP gauge...unless you want to dig into regs and learn about them, it's likely best if you let a reg tech do it. If your second stages are due for service anyway, just take the SP first with you when you have them serviced, the tech should not have a problem checking them with the SP first....and if he does you need to consider finding a new tech.

SCUBAPRO and AQUALUNG first stages operate at a very similar IP delivery pressure; however as with any combinations, one should have the regulators bench tested and adjusted to optimal performance.

Last edited:
Thanks again Herman, and now Harry. From the books they both look compatible as the Aqualung operates at 130-140 bar and the Mk17 at 130-142. Figures from SCUBAPRO - MK17/A700 and http://www.aberdeenwatersports.com/...s/AQUALUNG Titan 1st Stage Service Manual.pdf

I think this answers my query, so I shall indeed be purchasing a Mk17 (looking for a bargain at LIDS this weekend!) and adding my Aqualung second and octo.

I am sure you mixed units but just to keep the numbers correct that is 130-140 psi NOT bar Bar is roughly 9 to 9.5.

I bought a Titan package with the calypso octopus, titan first stage and titan LX second stage a few years ago.

I want to upgrade to have 2 HP ports (for Suunto transmitter and backup SPG.) I've found a first stage (Scubapro MK17) with 2 HP ports with my preferred supplier and want to make sure the setup is compatible. Can someone here confirm this?

(I read on scubaboard that the titan is now available with 2 HP ports, but I haven't seen it for sale in the UK let alone without a second stage / octopus.)

Many thanks in advance!

Scubastore.com out of Spain have them, shipping is very reasonable to the UK.

Thanks Herman, you're right of course. I've edited the post now.

---------- Post added March 21st, 2013 at 06:47 AM ----------

Scubastore.com out of Spain have them, shipping is very reasonable to the UK.

Thanks buddhasummer. DIN not in stock, and only £2 cheaper than SimplyScuba.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom