ScubaPro MK25 or Aqualung Legend LX ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought the Legend LX and love it! I am just now fiddling with breathing adjustment knob (not sure of its correct name) to get it where I want it. I also liked that it had an environmentally sealed first stage. I don't know where I am going to be headed with my diving future but choose the Legend LX because I thought it would keep up with me. Also, I have worked with AquaLung's repair service with one of my Suuntos and have no complaints their either.

I haven't had the chance to try anything from ScubaPro so I can't give you my opinion on their gear.

Hope that helps!

pufferfish:
I have used both and both are nice regs although I'd say and this is only subjective that the MK25 breaths a little less mechanical. If you are always going to be in water greater than 40 F I'd say toss a coin otherwise if you think you might be in cold water I'd go with the diaphragm reg, the Aqualung.

Does anyone know what the difference between an MK20 and an MK25 is? Is it truly an upgrade?

humanFish:
Larry,

On what criteria did your LDS base their recommendation? Servicability, personal bias, quality, performance, price, etc...

I believe my preferred LDS carries both as well...but is pushing the Aqualung...perhaps they are overstocked :wink:

just curious...

thanks!
My local sells & services both. The pricing was really similar. He wasn't overstocked on my reg, in fact he needed to order it. I was looking for something that could take me to mildly cold water & breathe really great, as I'm a heavy breather. They sit next to eachother on the shelf, but he picked the Scubapro. No heavy push for the titanium or lightweight reg either. I have no regrets.
Larry

Hank49:
Does anyone know what the difference between an MK20 and an MK25 is? Is it truly an upgrade?
The Mk25 has an external IP adjustment...the Mk20 does not. A Mk20 can be "upgraded" to a Mk25 in about 2 minutes by installing the new part. The external IP adjustment is convenient if you service your own regs, otherwise, it will serve no purpose to you. Before the enternal adjustment came along, you had to open the reg up and add or subtract shims to get the IP right. With the Mk25, you don't have to take the reg apart, and you can adjust the IP externally with an allen wrench.

Just an update....

I bought the Legend LX and am a happy man. My first two dives with it were great. It seems to breath very efficiently and no free flow problems whatsoever...also, no difference in breathing at depth...only 60fsw though....about as deep as I can comfortably dive in Montery with my wetsuit...come to think of it, perhaps it's time to go dry...

I'll be diving deeper in Fiji later this month, however...looking forward to it! ...it's going to be nice to dive a lighter rig for a change :wink:

thanks for all the help and comments, everyone!

ElectricZombie:
The Mk25 has an external IP adjustment...the Mk20 does not. A Mk20 can be "upgraded" to a Mk25 in about 2 minutes by installing the new part. The external IP adjustment is convenient if you service your own regs, otherwise, it will serve no purpose to you. Before the enternal adjustment came along, you had to open the reg up and add or subtract shims to get the IP right. With the Mk25, you don't have to take the reg apart, and you can adjust the IP externally with an allen wrench.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom