Scubapro MK25/S600 regulator, user reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 for the MK25/S600

I just bought 2ea DIN MK 25s / S600s and a third YOKE MK 25; I took advantage of the 2012 clearance special from www.BeaverDivers.com (a Platinum ScubaPro Dealer) and could not be any more happier.

Which is the better breather, the MK17 or 25?

For me, the only difference is hose routing. Once I am in the water I can't tell the difference, and I have spent many hours using both of them.

+1 for the MK25/S600

I just bought 2ea DIN MK 25s / S600s and a third YOKE MK 25; I took advantage of the 2012 clearance special from www.BeaverDivers.com (a Platinum ScubaPro Dealer) and could not be any more happier.

I went ahead and ordered the MK25/S 600. Can't wait to use it in the next month or so. Got a great deal!

Prepare to dive!! OOGAH!! OOGAH!!

Hi everyone, kateSCUBAPRO, wmperry,

I just bought mk25 s600(first regs.) after being recommended from my local dive shop. Cant wait to try them out, however I am slightly concerned about using them in cold water and wondered if I should have got the sealed mk17??. I want to use them in tropical and UK water which is normally not colder than 4 degrees.

thanks.

Out of the 14 regulators I have, 11 of them are MK25/S600's, if that says anything. I have nearly 500+ dives on some of them. As for cold water diving, except for 1 little fluke that caused a freeflow (accidentally tapped the purge button), I have never had any other problems with using an MK25/S600 in cold water (to about 42 degrees F). Just use a little common sense. They are high performance regulators & designed to give a large amount of air,... just make sure you are not putting a huge amount of air through it at any 1 time & you'll do fine.

I have also had great luck with mine in cold water (down to 38°F), but a few folks at our shop have seen free flows in warmer water. I have an mk17 that I use for under the ice, just in case.

Just wonder if the mk17 seems so good for cold and warm water, why bother with mk25 at all?

Obviously the mk25 is piston and should really give more air especially at depth but for normal use there probably wouldnt be much noticeable difference.
Anyway, I want to keep the mk25 so will only use it down to 4 degrees(and not too deep either) just to be safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom