Scubapro MK25/S600 regulator, user reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
My local dive store has some good deals on the Scubapro MK25/S600 reg. I'm considering getting one soon. User reviews?

The lds said that Scubapro is discontinuing this model, any problems I should be aware of with this model or should I look at another Scubapro model reg.?

I just want a very reliable Scubapro reg. Have been diving brand x for years and just want to get a better reg. for my peace of mind.

Thanks!

This is a great combination. I have 3 of them. Nice easy breathing, works flawlessly even on deep (200fsw+) technical dives. I like my A700 a bit more, but if you can get a deal I doubt you would be unhappy. If you will be in VERY cold water I would recommend the MK17. I have had my MK25/S600 in 38°F water with no issues, but for ice diving I always take my MK17.

I have perhaps 6 of these and am happy with them all. They are a work horse. I did not know they were discontinueing them, bummer. Hopefully ending of kit support is nowhere near the horizon.

My wife and I have 10+ years of diving on our Mk25/S600 regs - she has ~450 dives and I have ~650 dives on mine. Dove Dacor regs for as long as I can remember before that (and a Healthway Scubair J before it was stolen, but I digress). Great regs and have held up well to the abuse taken many liveaboard trips (not getting rinsed regularly and manhandling over the side of pangas). Only complaint I have with them is an occasional high pressure squeal - typically, right after having them serviced. I've had to take one or the other (and one time both) back in after servicing to have this corrected. Something about lack of lubrication on a spool or shaft(?).

This is a great combination. I have 3 of them. Nice easy breathing, works flawlessly even on deep (200fsw+) technical dives. I like my A700 a bit more, but if you can get a deal I doubt you would be unhappy. If you will be in VERY cold water I would recommend the MK17. I have had my MK25/S600 in 38°F water with no issues, but for ice diving I always take my MK17.

Which is the better breather, the MK17 or 25?

I honestly can't tell the difference. My really cold water dives tend to be relatively shallow (above 60').

I have used the MK17 on a deco bottle @ 200fsw and it breathed like a champ. It had quite a bit of helium in there to help though. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom