Scubapro MK25/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orca

Reaction score
Hi guys,

What are your thought on the Scubapro MK25/S600 regulator? My friends and I are tempted to get one.

I started off with a Mares Abyss, and has since changed to Apeks TX100/TX50. Would it be a wise choice to 'upgrade' to the scubapro? :confused:

I use the reg mainly for single tank diving in tropical waters

Thanks in advance for the advice

Breathing wise, I like the Abyss better, however, I've one too many problem with the Abyss, thus the switch to TX100. But IMHO, TX100 don't breathe as good. Would the Scubapro be better in terms of 'problem'-free and smoother breathing?

If I upgrade to the Scubapro, I'll still keep the TX100 for diving with doubles :cool:

The TX100 is a sweet regulator - balanced diaphragm, with second stage adjustment. I'm surprised you don't find it to be a good breather. I've used the TX40. TX50 and ATX200 and love them all.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
The TX100 is a sweet regulator - balanced diaphragm, with second stage adjustment. I'm surprised you don't find it to be a good breather. I've used the TX40. TX50 and ATX200 and love them all.

The TX100 are brand new sets, have friends that tested my regs and complement it as it is smoother than their 'unservice' TX100 (not due for servicing yet)

Some of them even tells me that TX50 breathe the same as TX100, and I dun really agree as I have both, and tested both before, TX100 is definitely better.

Reason for upgrade is not that TX100 is not good. I've mentioned I'll be using the TX100 for diving on doubles? That shows how much trust I have in the TX100s :).

One more thing I like about the Scubapro :D , is the design/packaging... they look :mean: when compared to the Apeks (with the exception of ATX200 :D)

Well if you're not diving doubles now, and you're happy to use this reg on future doubles, why change? Spend the money on a couple of boat charters instead :)

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Well if you're not diving doubles now, and you're happy to use this reg on future doubles, why change? Spend the money on a couple of boat charters instead :)

I am diving on doubles as and when the chance arises - it is quite troublesome to get double where I am diving most of the time, and those site rarely ever need doubles, and the TX100 are set up on DINs, single tanks here where I dive are all on Yoke valves.

Don't really like to use the DIN->Yoke converter as they are too 'long' and knocks my head, and hated them.

Also, am getting a bit lazy to switch the second stages up and down :D

Perhaps, I should re-phrase my question :D

To all the Scubapro MK25/S600 owner, why you love/hate your regulator? :D

Take it from me I had 3 MK25 S 600..... stick with the apeks...... In my honest opinion I don't know if the switch to Scuba pro would be any upgrade......... I finally got rid of mine because they were to finicky in our cold water here I ended up switching to Poseidon Xstreams....... And have never looked back ..... I have not had one problem with the Poseidons and they breath like a dream.
Rob

Hi rdriver

Will note down the coldwater problem... thanks...

However, I hardly dive in water colder than 27/28 celcius (80F)... so cold water is not a big concern for me :D

But in the event I really have to dive in very cold water :D I can still rely on my other regs :D, then again I would say the chances are very remote...

I have a Mk25/S600 setup and have had absolutely zero trouble with it. They breathe like free air, or darn close to it.

I don't dive real cold (below 40F) water, and AM aware of the freezing possibilities - but I don't intend to use it in that application, so quite frankly it doesn't bother me..... if I DID intend to do so, I might have considered an Apeks instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom