For Sale Scubapro MK3 for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diddler

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a vintage Scubapro MK3 1st stage I'm not using, I figure someone else out there might have a more urgent need for it than I do. It's an early style with the rounded cap and just three ports, two LP and 1 HP. All ports are the same thread so if you want to run a modern HP hose you need a thread adapter. I've got one that I could throw in if needed.

Problem is, I really don't know what to ask for this regulator. It has scratches and minor exterior chrome loss due to actual use, it's sort of museum vintage without being in museum condition. From searches on this board I see some people rave about them as a simple stage bottle reg due to it's small size and weight. As a comparison, see the picture I've included of the MK3 next to a mid-vintage MK2 (the most common unbalanced reg Scubapro makes).

Technically, the MK3 is no longer supported as the piston head o-ring isn't available from Scubapro anymore. Every other part (seat, shaft o-ring, inlet filter and retainer) are all still commonly available. The piston head is currently sporting a non-Scubapro functionally identical o-ring, everything else is new actual Scubapro. As such, I can't say that it's officially "serviced", just that it functions as intended and I've used it on a small handful of recent dives.

It's currently running an upgraded 3000psi yoke/yoke screw, but I also have its original thin 2250psi yoke/screw, see pics. The 3000 yoke has been stamped "39" like it once worked in a rental fleet. The 2250 yoke screw has some small cracks in the handle where someone tried to loosen it while overly tight. Both work fine, the vintage 2250 just needs to be babied (and only used on older low pressure tanks).

If you either have a suggestion about what price I should be asking or just want to throw out offers, I'll entertain all posts.

20181104_171417_resized.jpg
20181104_172734_resized.jpg
20181104_171445_resized.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom