ScubaPro NightHawk BCD (Reviews ???)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW !!! thanks for all responses. with reports like these it makes it hard to pass one up. Thanks again.

see ya below...

Hi vapovick,

I was wondering how much the bc costs as a bp/w might be just as good and cheaper in the long run.

Cheers,

SangP

vapovick,

You could get a bp/w setup for less than that but if you aren't going the tech rout or will never use doubles, then the hawk is as good as any bc you'll going to get.

Personally I prefer a bp/w but that's just me.

SangP

this is going to be my reef rig, tech is down the line. Thanks for all the comments.

I'm going to get a Knighthawk shortly. Any thoughts on getting it with the Air 2, BPI, or IPI? I've always been an Octo guy but wonder how much more streamlined my setup would be with the Air 2 and if it's going to need a bunch of maintenance down the road.

Thanks,
Jason

vapovick,

You could get a bp/w setup for less than that but if you aren't going the tech rout or will never use doubles, then the hawk is as good as any bc you'll going to get.

Personally I prefer a bp/w but that's just me.

SangP

Sorry for the thread jack, but why is that I have never any three page threads complaining about how a bp/w has a lack of pocket space?

Curious if anyone has a ScubaPro NightHawk BCD, and can comment on it??

Likes and Dislikes??

Thanks for any help.

I have a Knighthawk, and I really like it. I went from my SP Classic Stab Jacket to this model. As stated before, the pocket design sucks. I use my intergrated weight pockets if I need to bring anything small to the surface.

If you are looking to get one, I'd go for it.

Safe diving to you.

I switched over from a jacket BC to a Night Hawk with the SS1, integrated air. It is a very well made BC and I have apprx. 200 dives with it. The pockets are almost worthless. There is room to velcro a lift bag or sausage on the bottom of the "plate" behind your back, which helps with lack of pocket space. I abandoned the SS1 because there is a very stiff plastic ribbon that connects the dump valve of the bladder to whatever you use as an inflator button. This plastic will most likely outlive the BC but it is not flexible like a piece of vinyl covered stainless wire is flexible. Because it is not flexible it makes it difficult to hold the mouthpiece of an Air 1 or SS1 securely. I have written Scuba Pro regarding this issue and they don't admit to there being a problem. So it is back to the octopus for me. The Night Hawk is a very good BC, and I continue to dive with it. It could use some improvement and as Scuba Pro doesn't believe so, I am waiting for one of their competitors to make the changes. I would also like to see a design with the integrated pockets positioned further back. I know some out there are thinking, why doesn't he just go BPW. I tried and wasn't sold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom