Scubapro Nova LED light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ferretchen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone. A couple of years ago I bought a small, silver-colored Nova model LED light as my backup or non-critical daytime inspection flashlight. I loved it - for just a few dives. Then, it became unreliable, flickering, emitting a dim light, or simply refusing to turn on. I took it apart and it had NOT flooded; I couldn't explain it. I tried playing with the switch, twisting the lens head, cleaning the end cap threads, freshening up the solder on the lens contacts, you name it - all failed to resolve the problem. I've found a few other internet write-ups of quality control issues with this light.

It was expensive, but I bought it several time zones away and have lost the receipt. Does anyone else have experience with this item, or getting Scubapro to service it? It's a great light - when it works - and I'd really like to get it working rather than consign it to the trash bin. But if it's unreliable, it's unusable as a dive item.

Ferretchen,
Our lights carry a 2 year warranty so you should bring to your LDS for inspection.

I thought I'd post a follow-up. My LDS was not able to help me, so I emailed scubapro directly using the contact info on their web page. Their tech rep Eric sent me a new battery holder gratis, and it solved the problem! I'm grateful to Scubapro and pleasantly surprised, as everyone I communicated with had only grim looks and sad words when I told them of this issue.

Eric & the crew in Tech service do an amazing job.

Scubapro does stand behind their products!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom