scubapro octo help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wah

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking of buying an octo for my mk25/s600 reg. Right now I have an Air2, and I'm thinking of getting a regular octo. I noticed that last year's G250V and the S600 are both pretty cheap right now. Can either be used as an octo on my reg? Would it be overkill?

Either one would work just fine as an octo. I dive a MK17 with (2) G250V seconds.
Why cut cost when you can find the G250V of S600 for about $200.00
Jim Breslin

I am thinking of buying an octo for my mk25/s600 reg. Right now I have an Air2, and I'm thinking of getting a regular octo. I noticed that last year's G250V and the S600 are both pretty cheap right now. Can either be used as an octo on my reg? Would it be overkill?

Good idea, yes either will work great and no it's not overkill. Nothing wrong with using great 2nd stages. My personal preference would be the G250V, but I like old simple stuff (like me!).

Overkill?
What overkill?
Don't forget that if you got a problem with your primary 2nd stage, your octopus is the one to finish the dive.
I dive with a MK25 and two D400s plus my AIR2 and considers this anything else than an overkill.
If a customer has a problem on a dive I definitely don't want that the performance of my octopus might add to the nervousness of my client, in contrary.
So if you can effort a good second stage, then go for it.

What is your 1st and 2nd stage reg.
If you have Scubapro regs, the R190 makes a great octo.

Jim Breslin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom