Scubapro original Primary Hose vs Octopus Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kebosatu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

Currently MK25/S600 and R195 Octo.

I'm wondering if the hose that came with the S600 (black) and R195 (yellow) has performance difference?

If I swap it over, will it make any breathing performance difference?

Thanks in advance,
Kebo

no. they're all essentially the same. Only current regulator hoses I'm aware of that are different are the Poseidons due to their unique fitting and OPV. A few years ago Apeks had larger port sizes for the primary claiming better performance but they did away wit it sometime during the ATX series.

no. they're all essentially the same. Only current regulator hoses I'm aware of that are different are the Poseidons due to their unique fitting and OPV. A few years ago Apeks had larger port sizes for the primary claiming better performance but they did away wit it sometime during the ATX series.

Hi tbone1004,

Thanks! Is this mean that if I use other hoses like miflex or custom hoses from dge/other manufacturer there will be no performance difference too?

I once told by a dealer that scubapro hose performance outperform others and never change it to other brand. But now I need different length of hose for my comfortable setup.

Cheer,
Kebo

you were told by a dealer, that should tell you everything. Scubapro doesn't make their own hoses, no manufacturer to my knowledge does. They are standard hoses from the industrial world with relatively standard fittings on them. If the regs are tuned properly you will never be able to out-breathe a regulator and the hose has little impact on it if the tech tuned it properly.

Thanks! Is this mean that if I use other hoses like miflex or custom hoses from dge/other manufacturer there will be no performance difference too?

Correct, however i would recommend if you could try the miflex/braided hoses before you buy. I had two long hoses and switched back to standard rubber for two reasons. 1. the miflex hose was holding the shape it got when i put it in the regulator bag. 2. one of my hoses was crushed and i could not visually see anything wrong with the hose until i looked really really closely (more than i would look for a typical visual inspection).

you were told by a dealer, that should tell you everything. Scubapro doesn't make their own hoses, no manufacturer to my knowledge does. They are standard hoses from the industrial world with relatively standard fittings on them. If the regs are tuned properly you will never be able to out-breathe a regulator and the hose has little impact on it if the tech tuned it properly.

Ah, I see now. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added July 6th, 2015 at 02:19 AM ----------

Correct, however i would recommend if you could try the miflex/braided hoses before you buy. I had two long hoses and switched back to standard rubber for two reasons. 1. the miflex hose was holding the shape it got when i put it in the regulator bag. 2. one of my hoses was crushed and i could not visually see anything wrong with the hose until i looked really really closely (more than i would look for a typical visual inspection).

I have one Braided HP hose, and its really really hard, till now i never see it in straight form as i'm keeping my reg in reg bag.

Thanks for the suggestion btw, i never thought that your case could happen, will consider it.

oh, beware, not sure if this is the case with Scubapro, but for some idiotic reason some manufacturers say they will deny warranty claims if you own non-branded hoses. No real idea why *well, it's to make them more money on hideous markups, and likely a cyoa policy from the legal beagles*, not sure if it applies to Scubapro or not, but it's all standardized

Keep the scubapro hoses around if you need warranty service. Scubapro uses a unique wrench flat design, you might need channel grips to get it off. Hold the reg side nut to turn against, don't use the reg body for leverage.

Or take it to a non scubapro dive shop and have them swap hoses

oh, beware, not sure if this is the case with Scubapro, but for some idiotic reason some manufacturers say they will deny warranty claims if you own non-branded hoses. No real idea why *well, it's to make them more money on hideous markups, and likely a cyoa policy from the legal beagles*, not sure if it applies to Scubapro or not, but it's all standardized
This applies to our authorized dealer. Limiting our moves to modify the regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom