Scubapro Pilot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Again,
I have a conversion kit for Pilot to Air1 Part number 11-128-007. OR it could be old parts?? From Pilot.
BUT i am looking for a pic of the components to make sure it is complete and maybe make some more from loose parts.
I have all the documents from Scubapro that you he’d to complete when you had a conversion done.
Just the pic of parts missing.
I have attached my kit

Attachments

• 99DBDEA8-4B1D-44C7-B63D-4F63581A287D.jpeg
    99DBDEA8-4B1D-44C7-B63D-4F63581A287D.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 73
Hi Again,
I have a conversion kit for Pilot to Air1 Part number 11-128-007. OR it could be old parts?? From Pilot.
BUT i am looking for a pic of the components to make sure it is complete and maybe make some more from loose parts.
I have all the documents from Scubapro that you he’d to complete when you had a conversion done.
Just the pic of parts missing.
I have attached my kit
Nice bunch of parts, the unbroken seat saver key is the hardest piece to find. Off the top of my head that looks like everything but the poppet that is needed to convert a pilot or repair an AIR 1.

It has been a couple of years ago, that I was working on some of my AIR I, converted Pilots and Pilots.
Nowadays my documentation would be more comprehensive.
I'm not sure that I understand what you are missing, but here are some pics I made.
If that doesn't help, PM me.
I can get you the pics you need probably almost anytime........

Attachments

• L1110755.JPG
    L1110755.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 59
  • L1110754.JPG
    L1110754.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 59
  • L1110751.JPG
    L1110751.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 55
  • L1110750.JPG
    L1110750.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 58
  • L1110749.JPG
    L1110749.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 51
  • L1110748.JPG
    L1110748.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 66
  • L1110758.JPG
    L1110758.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 62
From the net, here is a photo of pilot to Air1 conversion kit.
The kit Includes: plug, cap, adjusting pad, spring, aspirator, poppets (2), valve housing, lever, nyloc screw, diaphragm, guard, purge button, backup disc, rod, 6 orings, and a storage key.

Pilot to AIR1 conversion kit.JPG

HA HA HA! What are you gonna do? The sp pilot is a very complicated reg.

The sp pilot is the result of a mit students thesis. I was told that when sp picked it up ( I suspect Healthways may have originally produced it ) the engineer in charge had to go with the regulator. Of course, this is just rumor.

Imagine loosing part numbers,
11-128-132, or
11-128-117, or
11-128-115.

These are very small pieces, that if lost or damaged, the reg has to be put out of service, unless you can find replacements. I do not believe this is the type of reg you want to field strip on board a rolling ship. Of course when the rebuild kits were available, that made life a whole hell of a lot easier. But then there is the matter of tuning the pilot. Getting a reg to work, or getting it to work to it's fullest potential are two different things. I will be perfectly honest, I can rebuild one, but I lack the proper equipment to tune one. And I also believe it is something you have to do all the time, so as to keep your hand in it.

Right now,I have one on my bench out of service simply because sp part number 01-020-113 broke.

That number refers to a small spring about the size that would go on a ball point pen.
Upon inspection, I took the spring and rolled it between my fingers, and it broke in half.

Technically, I am glad it happened then, and not in the reg while it was being dove.

To have one as a collectors piece is one thing. I believe there is a white cover proto type on Ebay right now for over a thousand dollars. And this is just the second stage.

To dive one is a different story.:)
Hi
Years roll on but by any chance did you ever find a spring to fix that Pilot?

Nice bunch of parts, the unbroken seat saver key is the hardest piece to find. Off the top of my head that looks like everything but the poppet that is needed to convert a pilot or repair an AIR 1.
Hi,
The seat saver key. Is that the blue item they call a regulator storage key??

Hi All
I hope i do not break any rules here.
I have finally listed my Scubapro spare parts with prices.
I will list in classified in a few minutes but here are copies for those who are interested.

Attachments

• Pilot to Air1 Conversion Pics.docx
    82.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Scubapro Spare Parts.pdf
    162.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Scubapro unknown models spare parts.pdf
    95.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Dear Scuba Fanatic.docx
    13.2 KB · Views: 61
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom