Closed Scubapro regulator and octopus

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got it. So from this back-and-forth (all good), there ISN'T an interest on your part in this setup.

That's OK. Sometimes all we can ask/hope for is clarity. Thanks for perseverance in educating me!

I love the D series but no, financial constraints and my OCD prevent me from buying. You'll sell it. Good luck.

Also, the 3 vents on the side of the 1st stage do not always mean the update has not been done. My MK20s were converted to DIN and updated with the newer/correct DIN knob retainer...but kept the old saddles as I did not buy the newer saddle, save some money. So, just saying, it is not a for certain thing....a good indicator, but not for sure.

Edit: added the word "not" to the first sentence.

okay, thread hijack -

...but kept the old saddles as I did not buy the newer saddle, save some money.
Why did you buy anything? The recall replaces the parts, at no cost. Or at least my shop did it that way. I was not the original owner of them either...

When I got these [used off of craigslist], I did not have a good shop by me that I trusted...the ones that I did inquire about did not have a clue about the recall or how to go about it. So, I inquired about converting them to DIN and if that included the main recall [fix] parts...and it did. So, I was going that route anyway...2 birds, one stone, and less money. Plus, I like that one of my regs has a green colored saddle...I can tell them apart instantly [I sidemount so I have two sets].

Hi, this is Jed Smith in Ventura, CA, wondering if your Scubapro MK20 & D400 Regulator setup is still for sale? I think it might be just what I need to replace an old MK2 first stage that just failed after decades of use in our family. I learned on it at 13 and now I'm 40 (and it was a hand me down back then!) I'd say that's a pretty good run. :)
I tried to Direct Message you, but it wouldn't let me yet - maybe I need to be a member in here longer?
Thanks for your time!
Sincerely,
Jed

Also, the 3 vents on the side of the 1st stage do not always mean the update has been done.
Again, TWO vents is SUPPOSED to indicate the yoke retainer/DIN has been updated. That is not always the case. Just as sometimes the yoke retainer/DIN have sometimes been updated, but the saddle with three vents has remained. The saddle is really a poor indicator of whether the proper components have been installed or not.

Ah shoot...did I get that backwards? I thought it was 2 vents = old....3 vents = new....sounds like I made a mistake!

I cannot find my copy of the bulletin on this...only the one I attached here which is just about the HW.

Attachments

• MK 20 Yoke Retainer Illustration.pdf
    191.7 KB · Views: 51

Back
Top Bottom