Scubapro regulator questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moonlanddiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Purchased a like new second hand mk17 with a g550 and an r180 for my daughters first set up. We are cold water divers, and new to diving. There is little on the g550 out there, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this set up or has an idea on how to upgrade it if necessary.

That's a good setup that could last for decades. My only suggestion is to get two "high end" 2nd stages, replacing the r180 (??) with another g550 or similar. I'm not sure there is an r180 model, but the r190 is unbalanced. It's ok, but not as good as a balanced model. I personally like to have a matched set of 2nd stages for a variety of reasons.

Are you sure it’s a “G” and nor an ”S” 550?

That's a good setup that could last for decades. My only suggestion is to get two "high end" 2nd stages, replacing the r180 (??) with another g550 or similar. I'm not sure there is an r180 model, but the r190 is unbalanced. It's ok, but not as good as a balanced model. I personally like to have a matched set of 2nd stages for a variety of reasons.
Your right, r190. Thanks for the input.

Right! S550. Butchered those model names something good. Mk17/s550/r190. Sorry…
The good news is the S 550 is an excellent second and can easily be converted to an S600. The R 190 is also a good basic octo, very simple and reliable, MK 17 is excellent as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom