Scubapro S550/600 vs Apeks TX 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I accept that argument from you both - and it is a good one - almost have me wondering if I pulled the trigger too fast on my new reg setup...

Cheers,
Terkel

Terkel,

(from my experience) Whatever people say about Scubapro regs, they are nice regs. I know several people with them that have no problem in cold water and absolutely love them, however, I know quite a few that have had problems with Scubapro regs. I suspect that this is down to one of two things, either the rate of air consumption (the faster you use air the greater the temp change), or a setup problem.

From the people I know, you either have a problem reg, or a super reg. Having it serviced has in many cases not helped. So, I suspect that air consumption has something to do with free flowing problems.

Please remember, this is just the conclusions I have drawn from having seen other people in diving clubs. I could easily be wrong as I tend to look for scubapro problems, and I am biased towards Apeks.

Jon T

My comments were only MY personal experience - I have always used Scubapro kit in the past and that is the reason I chose for it on this occasion. I also know of planty of guys who will not dive with anything else and I agree with Jon that not only air consumption but also circumstances on the day can have a big effect on performance. Don't worry you have rushed your purchase - if you are happy with it and it works well for you then you've bought correctly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom