Scubapro S620ti, "super-flow" hoses & swivels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could pack the chamber, but some Christolube would squirt out every time you pressurized the reg, and some air or water would enter when you depressurized. Soon, the little pockets of water would become repositories for salt corrosion.

I've had a few MK5/10/15/20s that had a similar amount of corrosion in the ambient chamber and have worked fine as well. I can usually get rid of most it with micromesh or silicone carbide paper. But I have had a few that were bad enough to say goodbye to. In rsingler's case, I suspect he's working on a customer's regulator and is hesitant to let it out of the shop with any visible corrosion in the ambient chamber.

Recently I acquired a MK10 with corrosion in the piston head groove, and that one I couldn't get to stop leaking. Thankfully I have a stash of MK10 pistons.

Exactly, halo.
The top/left photo was after extensive micromesh polishing. The bottom/right was before restoration. I was able to get the bottom/right photo reg to seal, and all you could see was a series of fine vertical scratches. The top/left reg was toast.
I'm never sure when I send one of these out whether they're sealing because the o-ring is actually sealing, or whether the tiny coating of Cristolube is filling the scratch (temporarily). I expect that at some point, the scratches just become too deep to seal after the reg has cycled a few thousand breaths, and they'll begin to leak slightly from the ambient chamber holes. Since its behind the customer's head, he/she never notices until the buddy comments, which hasn't prompted return of a reg yet.

You can't.
It's why I still dive Mk 17's on the diaphragm side, but have switched to Atomic for pistons. Scubapro is just too unresponsive these days.
As for the why, it's because there's no groove in the Mk25 to accept a SPEC boot.

I had the impression that you found a way to do it, sorry, misunderstanding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom