Scubapro Smarttrak MAC Download Trouble! Help Please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ratings

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm hoping someone here can assist me with Smarttrak and Mac!

I have a new Macbook Pro. I have 500 dives in my Smarttrack logbook which I love and want to continue using. I moved over to the Galileo Luna and the Mac from a PC and Smartcom Dive Computer.

I read a lot of posts so I put Parallels on my Mac to operate like a PC. I downloaded Windows 8. Now, I can open Smarttrak and see all my 500 dives but it's not importing any New dives from my Scubapro Galileo. I also downloaded the driver for the Scubapro IRDA.

Do you have any suggestions? The IRDA worked on the Mac side with LogTrak but I don't like LogTrak which is why I am going to the trouble to make Smarttrak work. I would be very grateful!

Thank you, Nili - Los Angeles, California!

If LogTrak can export files in other formats, there may be one Smarttrak can read. Or some other dive log software can read and then export something smarttrak can read.

If LogTrak can export files in other formats, there may be one Smarttrak can read. Or some other dive log software can read and then export something smarttrak can read.

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately I have far too much information, notes, etc in Smarttrack. I don't want to lose them. I know that there is a workaround for this. I just need someone out there to tell me what it is. Thank you!

If your IrDA device works with LogTRAK and MacOS, but doesn't work with SmartTRAK and Parallels/WIndows8, that sounds more like a driver or configuration issue and isn't related to the logbook software itself. I suggest contacting a computer professional or someone else that can help you get the IrDA device working under Windows 8, or can help you with the Parallels configuration. Since not many people run Windows 8, alternatively I suggest you try and downgrade to Windows 7 as this is a known entity as far as IrDA is concerned. Don't use Windows 10.

Also, switching to new logbook software does not mean you will lose everything in your SmartTRAK database - not at all. There are always options for importing the information from your SmartTRAK logbook into a new format. So if that is the only reason you're not switching to something else, then I'd re-evaluate. For customers that switch to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager, we offer a "one time" import of your SmartTRAK logbook into our format.

Janice

If your IrDA device works with LogTRAK and MacOS, but doesn't work with SmartTRAK and Parallels/WIndows8, that sounds more like a driver or configuration issue and isn't related to the logbook software itself. I suggest contacting a computer professional or someone else that can help you get the IrDA device working under Windows 8, or can help you with the Parallels configuration.

I've not even heard of parallels (not a Mac user) until now. If it's a regular VM hypervisor, it must have a knob for letting a USB port traffic through to the guest OS unmolested. If you can figure out how to do that, then the issue becomes getting it to work in windows 8 VM.

Mine (8 Pro, not a VM, Cressi IR) worked, then it became 8.1 and didn't for a while, then they updated a bunch of drivers and it's working again. For now. YMMV. As Janice said, no problems on Windows 7 (but I've Win 7 Enterprise, that too is different).

Also, switching to new logbook software does not mean you will lose everything in your SmartTRAK database - not at all.

That's true, but the devil is in the details. You may find a conversion path that is 100% lossless. You won't know until you find and try all options.

It may be faster, cheaper, and easier to buy a secondhand/refurb PC with windows 7. Or even a new mini-zotac -- as other cheap new mini-options like intel compute stick or NUC will probably not run Windows 7.

My situation was slightly different than yours, but take Janice up on the "One Time Conversion". I had dives in Smart Trak dating back to 1995. They converted my Smart Trak log and I've never looked back! I was doing rebreather dives with a Shearwater Predator attached to the rebreather and then downloading from my Tec 2G, in gauge mode, to maintain my logbook using Parallels. Dumb. Now I'm going back and overwriting the Uwatec dives with the Shearwater Data because it contains much more information. If you are using an IRDA equipped Uwatec computer, there aren't many options. I took the converted data and imported it to Mac-Dive. However, I don't believe Mac-Dive does IRDA.

If your IrDA device works with LogTRAK and MacOS, but doesn't work with SmartTRAK and Parallels/WIndows8, that sounds more like a driver or configuration issue and isn't related to the logbook software itself. I suggest contacting a computer professional or someone else that can help you get the IrDA device working under Windows 8, or can help you with the Parallels configuration. Since not many people run Windows 8, alternatively I suggest you try and downgrade to Windows 7 as this is a known entity as far as IrDA is concerned. Don't use Windows 10.

Also, switching to new logbook software does not mean you will lose everything in your SmartTRAK database - not at all. There are always options for importing the information from your SmartTRAK logbook into a new format. So if that is the only reason you're not switching to something else, then I'd re-evaluate. For customers that switch to DiveLogDT/Dive Log Manager, we offer a "one time" import of your SmartTRAK logbook into our format.

Janice

Hi Janice Thank you! I would love to take you up on your offer of a one time import of my SmartTrak logbook. How do I go about this? Thank you very much! Nili Oh and as long as I can download the dives from my Galileo Luna with an IRDA from Scuba Pro to my lap top.

i'm a Mac person and have used most all the different software with my Scubapro computers. Definately take Janice up on her offer and use DiveLog. Once I swapped, I haven't gone back. The ONLY thing I use the Scubapro software for is to make computer setting changes.

i'm a Mac person and have used most all the different software with my Scubapro computers. Definately take Janice up on her offer and use DiveLog. Once I swapped, I haven't gone back. The ONLY thing I use the Scubapro software for is to make computer setting changes.

Thank you! Can you download from a Scuba Pro Galileo Computer via Infrared reader? IRDA?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom