Scubapro Titanium Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001:
Well.... Ordinarily Titanium will spontaneously burn on contact with O2 at 47% or higher but it can be made to do so with 35% oxygen under the kinds of pressure you'll find on the HP side of the reg (350psi or higher) *and* with the addition of a catalyst (ie. let's hope your reg isn't "dirty"). With lower concentrations of O2 (under 35%) it won't burn.

At least that's how I understand it. I'm not an expert but I figure if they can get titanium to burn on contact with O2 at 35% in *ANY* kinds of conditions then it doesn't belong in a scuba regulator....... Just as a point of interest, the NASA prohibits the use of titanium in air oxygen partial pressure environments above 30psia because of the risk of spontanious combustion.

R..
Like I said, I mostly just swim around with the fishes. Hey! My sister lives in Holland. She sure does have a long name. She just had a son too.... whew his name is really really long.

Scubakevdm:
Like I said, I mostly just swim around with the fishes. Hey! My sister lives in Holland. She sure does have a long name. She just had a son too.... whew his name is really really long.

LOL! Married a Dutch guy did she? Which city does she live in?

R..

Diver0001:
LOL! Married a Dutch guy did she? Which city does she live in?

R..

Sandenburg? is that a place? I just remember that it is part of her last name, which is Von Lynden Von Sandenburg, and Lynden doesn't sound like a town.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom