Scubapro UL: INT to DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here you are.
A bit of "reaction" in the used HP port but all look fine.
Thanks for the lube information :)

20230604_104019.jpg
20230604_104048.jpg
20230604_104110.jpg
20230604_104145.jpg
20230604_104119.jpg

Happy, thanks for the hint, I have lots of tools, even more special tools, and of course I use an Allenkey and ratchet like everybody, but you might know what happens when steel meets brass and the retainer is badly stuck.
Now imagine that retainer in aluminum and you might get the picture. Tried already with heat and the freezer, no luck. Probably have to leave it for some days in some DW40, we'll see......
Try with a pneumatic tool as used by tire shops... Vibration and pulses are powerful means of unlocking stuck threads.
If the hexagon cavity is damaged, you can try forcing a Torx bit instead of the hex (Allen or Brugola) bit.
Also be aware that Italian-made regs usually employ a Brugola hex, not an Allen hex, they differ very slightly (I think it is just matter of specified tolerance, the shape is still an hexagon)...
Only Italian makers of professional tools, such as Beta or Usag, provide true Brugola hex bits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom