Scubapro vs. Atomic split fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustJules

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, all religious wars aside... love the split fins or hate 'em, I'm looking for people who have used both the Atomic split fins and the Scubapro graphites. I am getting differing answers to my question from different dive shops.... Is the kick on the Atomic split fins as soft as the kick on the Scubapro graphites?

I'm having trouble getting a pair of Atomics to borrow (they just started delivering size small in the past couple of weeks, and I can't use any size bigger than that), so I'm looking for opinions while I wait for a loaner/rental pair...

Julie

I have the (black) Split in SCUBAPRO fins (heel straps) and the Apollo Bio split fins. I like the Bio's better. I'd check the Bio's out if I were you. I only use the other fins when I need a bigger foot pocket (Drysuit)

I've used both... actually tried the Scubapro's again yesterday... I really prefer the Atomic's. As anyone in here will tell you :D First of all with the Atomics MUCH more of your foot sits IN the fin... where as the SP seems to cut off at the middle of my foot which does not give me a comfortable feeling. The SP's DO kick easier... but still feel too flimsy for me ( I really don't like the grey one's)

The Atomic's are much more like a traditional fin in the sense that in calm water.. nice slow regular kicks.. but when needed... they are 100% capable of doing any kick and delivering as much power as you need, this includes any and all modified kicks...

I vote for ATOMIC's... (you guys already knew that :D)

TRY THEM FIRST.. Different strokes for different folks

BTW.. BEST darn buckle system out there on the Atomics..
http://www.leisurepro.com has a good deal

Back
Top Bottom