Scubapro vs Dive-rite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie:
why not look at Mares regs such as the V16/Proton Metal as well?

I looked at the mares proton ice. I'm sure it's great ... But ... it looks like a proton ladyshaver.

Santa:
I looked at the mares proton ice. I'm sure it's great ... But ... it looks like a proton ladyshaver.

lol, yeah, I can see that. Otoh, the black Proton Metal is rather more "masculine" looking than the translucent blue Proton Ice if the look of the Ice bothers ya.

Pair the proton ice with the blue/transparent atomic splits and you've got a really ... uhm ... cute setup.

Sorry - I'm being very immature.

My bet for the cold water is MK17/G250HP. If you are a newbie, it is a worry free with the "Free Part" promotion. I got the free flow with MK25/S600 even after setting up 125 psi IP.... I don't have any issue with MK25/G250HP at 39 F.

Talk to DA_Aquamaster on the list or someone else who is a competent and certified on SP regs. There is more to servicing regs than IP. You can drop the IP on the first stage and still end up with a reg that free flows too easily. You need to address the second stage as well. I have never had a problem with free flow on any of my SP regs and I dive cold water most of the time. My regs are set up for easy breathing since I don't want a crappy breather when I diving in a high flow cave. Proper settings on both first and second stages and technique are the real keys.

hoosier:
My bet for the cold water is MK17/G250HP. If you are a newbie, it is a worry free with the "Free Part" promotion. I got the free flow with MK25/S600 even after setting up 125 psi IP.... I don't have any issue with MK25/G250HP at 39 F.

Dan Gibson:
Talk to DA_Aquamaster on the list or someone else who is a competent and certified on SP regs. There is more to servicing regs than IP. You can drop the IP on the first stage and still end up with a reg that free flows too easily. You need to address the second stage as well. I have never had a problem with free flow on any of my SP regs and I dive cold water most of the time. My regs are set up for easy breathing since I don't want a crappy breather when I diving in a high flow cave. Proper settings on both first and second stages and technique are the real keys.

Who sets up your S600? Mike?

I don't believe Mike has touched any of my S600s yet, although they are certainly due for service. One of my cave buddies is a former SP tech and used to service all my regs. My MK/G250s are done by me and another cave buddy.

hoosier:
Who sets up your S600? Mike?

Dan Gibson:
I don't believe Mike has touched any of my S600s yet, although they are certainly due for service. One of my cave buddies is a former SP tech and used to service all my regs. My MK/G250s are done by me and another cave buddy.

So, it has been done by your another inner circle folk....:wink:

No, these guys are not inner circle, they just know what they are doing. Well, maybe one used to be in the inner circle. Mike now services all my regs other than the MK20/G250s I have picked up. Those are for me and my buddies to work on. He just hasn't had a chance to see my S600s yet. They are probably overdur for service.

hoosier:
So, it has been done by your another inner circle folk....:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom