ScubaPro X-Tek Form harness with different wings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmlee90254

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ScubaPro X-Tek Form harness with different wings?

Hello Tek divers,

Looking to get my first backplate/wing rig. I am looking at the ScubaPro X-Tek Form harness. Will that accommodate different company's wings? Like DiveRite, Zeagle, AudaxPro or Hollis?

Thanks dive community

Over engineered and way over priced. Looks like it was designed by someone who doesn't dive. Shoulder d rings are not adjustable and there's too many of them. The padding is useless and restricts the ability of the diver to customize it. The little d rings are cute but useless.
Get a simple harness with an aluminum or steel plate. Those will work with just about any wing.

Have no experience with the newer X-Tek rigs, but I dive the old ones (have three of them) that are no longer manufactured. I can use a number of different wings on them (and greatly prefer them to my metal backplates). To each their own.

Have no experience with the newer X-Tek rigs, but I dive the old ones (have three of them) that are no longer manufactured. I can use a number of different wings on them (and greatly prefer them to my metal backplates). To each their own.

Thanks Dr. Bill - I am a good friend of Desi - We have met several times at the dive park - thanks for the advice.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom