ScubaPro X-Tek Form harness with different wings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmlee90254

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ScubaPro X-Tek Form harness with different wings?

Hello fellow divers,

Looking to get my first backplate wing rig. I am looking at the ScubaPro X-Tek Form harness. Will That accommodate different company's wings? Like DiveRite, Zeagle, AudaxPro and/or Hollis?

Thanks dive community

Yes it will. But it's overpriced garbage so I would not bother.

To get the most out of your wing you need to be able to adjust it - and tweak it to you. I use a simple one piece harness (which isn't good for everyone) - but I like to be able to adjust my shoulder d rings so I can clip off without thinking every time just using muscle memory. I really don't get why you'd need or want 4 shoulder d rings like this has - you'll end up getting annoyed with it.

I can tell you what Charlie said is accurate. I bought a used set up. I kept the wing and backplate and put on a DSS single piece harness. Much happier. But that's just my .02 cents

I bought the SP X-TEK bp&w but with the simple one piece harness. Never felt the need for the extra d rings or padding.

I did get sold mine with a doubles wing on it (my mistake with hindsight as I should have done more homework and made sure I bought the right wing in the first place). Switched the wing for a singles wing (IST) with no issues.

If you are in the market though, I will sell you my harness. Has about 60 dives on it. I have all the hardware (minus crotch strap)

I have used a Hollis, Dive Rite, and ScubaPro wings on one without issue. I use(d) it to teach in - shop sells them.

When I go on trips or fun dive, it stays home in favor of a basic harness without the extra padding and such because it's lighter, less room taken in baggage, simple, and just as comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom