ScubaPro's R-380 Octo or R-180 Octo ? X650 or S 600 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme

Reaction score
any real difference in the octo ??

also

for the second stage should i go with the x650 or S600 ??

dive mostly tropical waters down here in the south.

Actually, its an R190, not a R180.

I have the R380 and R190. They are identical on the inside and take the same annual service kit. They seem to breath about the same to me. I like the R380 because it's nice and small but, the R190 is easier to take apart underwater. Either one would be fine though.

As for the S600, that's what I use as my primary. No complaints at all. I can't imagine anything breathing better. Very reliable and easy to service. Great reg, can't recommend it enough.

The X650 has not come out yet. ScubaPro is behind schedule on that one. A buddy of mine has one on order but, I doubt that he will see it anytime soon. The X650 is just the updated D400, a reg that a lot of people really like.

Honestly, I don't really think that you would be able to tell the difference between a S600 and a X650. The X650 can't be taken apart underwater though. Either one would breath great though.

I second the vote for the MK25/S600. I have one and it is a great breathing regulator and the second stage is very light and comfortable. I also have an R190 octo, but I have problems all the time with it free-flowing.....I wish I had spent the extra $30.00 and went with the R380. Oh well, I'll probably just wait and get a second S600 to use as my octo for my recreational set-up.

Dxtreme, where in the south do you dive ?

600 kicked ass in Rodales mother of all reg review.

I would have to put my vote on the Mk25/G250HP regulator. I got mine for about 477.00. the G250HP has the same insides as the S600 it's just in a bigger case (plz corect me if I am wrong.) If you don't mine a slightly bigger reg get the G250HP. (And thats what the guys down at GUE use last time I checked) Also getting the G250HP saves you 50.00. this is just my two cents. Also I put my vote on the R190 backup reg.

Tekkie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom