Scubatoys has an un-moderated Vortex thread.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divedoggie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I should say, Scubatoys has an active Vortex incident thread. It is moderated.

<link deleted by op.>

While the thread here on SB was much more informative and enlightened, some malicious posts forced mods to close it. For those who have been following the thread and want to continue civil discussion, maybe thats a good place to start.

Last edited:
The threads on ST are moderated. However, the members there generally mind their "p's and q's" as the board has no tolerance for personal attacks and such. As a result the moderation is not as readily apparent. The thread as it is here would have been shut down long ago there.

Correct--

TommyB don't play by the same rules they play by here--

Jack,
Not that it isn't moderated...its still active. I'm not into dishing out or reading personal attacks, and if you read my posts in this thread you would agree. I am however interested in continuing the discussion.

Let's not bring this entire train wreck over there-
ie the bashing --

Last edited:
Probably best to avoid a train wreck.

What if it was moved to I to I? That would control access and possibly promote civil discussion.

Actually, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if this thread with the link to ST were to disappear.

Jack,
Not that it isn't moderated...its still active. I'm not into dishing out or reading personal attacks, and if you read my posts in this thread you would agree. I am however interested in continuing the discussion.

Divedoggie - I noticed that your posts are very civil and encouraging of discussion. My concern is that others who only wish to argue and "be right" and who enjoy the drama will cause disruption on the other board. I appreciate your acknowelgement of that possibility and hopefully the link can be removed.

Probably best to avoid a train wreck.

What if it was moved to I to I? That would control access and possibly promote civil discussion.

Actually, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if this thread with the link to ST were to disappear.

I to I? Why? Do not the rest of us have something to possibly learn from this?

I to I? Why? Do not the rest of us have something to possibly learn from this?

Yes, imo everyone has something to learn from this. A few days ago, I didn't think there was much to learn, because whether recreational, tech, scientific, commercial or cave, we all should know basic rules. But now, I think there are things to be learned.

This particular thread doesn't belong in A and I.
I wouldn't feel badly if the Mods deleted this thread that I started with the link to the Scubatoys forum.

As far as the original thread goes, unfortunately, there have been some mean spirited posts which were not deleted by Mods until it was too late, and that is just not fair to the friends and family, let alone the victim.

Even though it has been discussed ad nauseum, it hits a raw nerve like no other thread that I have read on SB since I first became a member in 2004. I'd like to stay up on the situation and any new information, so I believe its a shame to have closed the thread.

Having been through similar situations more than once with people very close to me,
I still pray for Ben, his family and friends, and hope for a miracle.
:(

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

We're going to try this again...

The original thread will remain closed, but I've created a new thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ac...vortex-missing-diver-incident-aug-2010-a.html

Stick to the discussion and analysis of the incident and leave the discussion and analysis of the person out of it.

If you violate this rule, or you quote and respond someone who violates this rule, you may lose your posting privileges in this thread. Consider this your warning.

• The posts that were selected to be copied to this thread were chosen because they were relevant, informative or directly addressing a valid question.
  • Usernames have been removed from quoted posts.
  • Some posts or quotes have been edited for content and I've tried to make this thread flow as smoothly as possible with my selections and edits.
  • If you have a post that wasn't included, it is not intended as a slight, it just didn't fit the streamlined nature of this thread.
  • If you don't like my edits you can address them here.

FINAL NOTE: If a post is inflammatory, insulting contains name calling etc. Press the report button on the lower left under the user name. DO NOT respond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom