SDA failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have achieved major brake-though in our SDA mistery! After only one week we have address where to sent my unit for testing! Congratulations, UEMIS, your secrecy is better than Swiss Banks. Yes, I did get a loaner. No, this is not what I asked for.

Computer just came back from tripp to UEMIS. Still dead like a stone. Nobody on this side of the ocean seems to take any responsibility for this piece of crap. To my amuzment people still talking about this junk as a great computer and keep selling it to unaware customers!!!

My Uemis just died early august. Obviously I don't have big hopes for a replacement, but I will try to get some refund from the bankruptcy ..

Better hurry up 'cause official dedline for submitting claims have already passed.

The documents should have arrived today. The lady responsible for the case (Mrs. Greminger) told me on the phone, that it's still in time..

She also told me, I shouldn't hope for much... :depressed:

I would hope that we will receive working computers for the money we have paid, rather then selling the one which are left for cheap... But this would make to much sense.

@ ARK: No hope for that (I did ask this too..:wink:), since liquidation procedures require every piece of company inventory to be sold at a reasonable price. There is no way a creditor can/will be "payed" in goods..

On the other hand, I am not sure if I would be happy with another Uemis SDA, since now you are sure to have a dive-comp with no support at all.. Maybe if another company would buy the whole production and development from Uemis, then I would change my mind. But since there is unfortunately no sign at all for such a development, I just keep on mourning my dead Uemis.. :depressed:

Did you try both of you to replace the battery like some people have done (see other thread on scubaboard and on the UEMIS SDA facebook page) ?

I would like to try that, but I still don't know what size of inbus key (allen key in english?) I need to remove the cover. (I lost the one that came with the SDA.. :()
My question on the other thread is still open...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom