SDI shares their enthusiasm for the industry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debra@DivingMuseum

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Many thanks to Brian and all of the folks at SDI who have arranged to make sure the new director of the History of Diving Musuem doesn't remain above water. I've recently started the SDI online course and find it to be very user-friendly and informative. So many quetions I had before beginning the course have been answered and there are many more things I have learned that I never even thought of - and that's just in the first 7 chapters! I was even able to carry on an intelligent conversation about diving yesterday!

Obviously, my position at the History of Diving Musuem is due to my background in nonprofit managment and not my diving expereince. But thanks to ScubaBoard, SDI and Conch Republic Divers I will soon be exploring a whole new world.

You're welcome... fun being a diver isn't it?

Glad to hear that your work with the History of Diving Museum will have a whole new dimension to it in the coming years! Good luck. Dive safe and dive often!

And Debra, please email me directly... we need to write an article about the museum for our eNewsletter!

I completed the SDI online course yesterday. I found it to be very comprehensive. I liked the combination of video clips and reading. The level of information presented was just right for a newbie like me. I am glad I did the course along with my instructor training so I had hands on experience as well. Many of the things I learned online I applied directly to my training dives. Even though my instructor was very through explaining things, the lessons in the course gave different explanations, which really helped me to understand the concepts. I found the section on buoyancy control especially helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom