Sea and Sea DX-GE5 YS-01 Pro Package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hyperbaric_1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone have any experience or opinions about this set up? I have minimal photography (wet or dry) experience, but I'm very interested in learning, practicing and/or catching lucky shots.

Currently I have a Nikon in an Ikelite housing (no accessories) and I've been underwhelmed with my pictures. Prior to that I used the old Sea & Sea MX 5 film camera and had, what I considered, lots of great pics. Again it had no accessories.

An alternative to the above package would be to get a strobe for my current Nikon. Specifically, I was looking at the AF35 AutoFlash.

Any comments or alternatives would be appreciated.

For no good reason, I decided to buy some accessories for my current Nikon/Ikelite. Picked up the Ikelite AF-35 strobe and the W-20 wide angle conversion lens (46mm thread).

This weekend I'm headed to Cozumel, so I'll get to test them soon. If anyone has any tips about this set up, please pass them along.

So I'm one dive in with my Nikon/Ikelite newly accessorized with the AF-35 strobe and my pics are absolute crap. Seriously, how did I ever get decent pics with my old MX5 film camera, but now all I get is crap? I used the suggested settings in the instruction manual. Any suggestions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom