Sea and Sea YS-110 with Ikelite Arm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowjazz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I need some help.

I am looking to see if anyone knows how you can attach a Sea and Sea YS-110 strobe to the Ikelite arm system with the 1" balls (Ikelite arm system #4086.61).

From what I can tell what I need is an arm segment with a 1" ball on one end, and a flat head with a hole on the other end to attach the Sea and Sea strobe. Does such an animal exist?

Ikelite makes a sync cord so you can use a YS-110 with an Ikelite housing, but they don't seem to have a way to attach the strobe to the housing.:shakehead:

The Ikelite rep for my LDS says it is possible, but doesn't know how. The Sea and Sea rep is searching for a solution. So, I figured what would be better place than to pick the brains on Scubaboard.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks AndyT. That's what I need if the ball is 1". I'll contact Reef Photo and Video to find out, and will post what I learned.

Anyone else have something different?

AndtyT shoots and scores!

I just got off the phone with Reef Photo and Video. I could use the adapter found by AndyT, but it would provide unequal tension at the clamp/joint, and the salesperson at Reef Photo and Video said I would better off with an Ultralight arm system that can connect to the Ikelite quick release handle. I was told the Ultralight arm is better than the Ikelite arm, and offers more versatile strobe positioning. So, I should receive the Ultralight arm on Tuesday, and I'll see if that works.

Shameless plug for time for Reef Photo and Video. They were fast in responding to my question, knowledgeable, and patient with me. Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

Update:

The Ultralight arm system works perfectly, and I like it better than the Ikelite arm system. I recommend you consider an Ultralight arm system if you want to use a non-Ikelite strobe with an Ikelite housing.

I am considering the Ikelite housing with Ikelite tray and quick release handle for my Canon G9. I also have a YS-90. So, are you saying that if I get a Ultralight arm, attach the YS-90 to it, I can then just snap that Ultralight arm and YS-90 right onto that Ikelite quick release handle without any kind of adaptor? My purchase of the Ikelite housing and quick release arm is depend on whether or not I can attach the Ultralight arm directly to that Ikelite quick release handle. Thanks in advance

Cowjazz, I have exactly what you need and I don't need it. Let me know if you're interested, I'll sell it to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom