Sea Kittens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are "Sea Kittens" as lame, useless and utterly worthless as their land-based counterparts?

Ah, now I know why I can't stand your posts. Thanks for clearing it up: You have no soul.

/me pets his kitties

I found this: Some Reasons Why Cats Suck. Hilarious :rofl3: "They do not bounce when thrown."

Actually I don't have a cat. It would not be compatible with my other pets, all of which are aquatic and are tasty to cats.
It depends. At least with my two cats they are probably too lazy to try and get to any fish.

How can one not like creatures like this though, I will never understand :)
funny-pictures-i-love-you-note-kitten.jpg

:rofl3:
Dang you! I already have two and I have to fight the urge to adopt another one.

Yeah, just like logging and coal mining companies are "environmentalists."

I think the word "oxymoron" comes to mind.

:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

hunters want to kill, kill, kill... All but the most ignorant of them know that it is in their own best interest to ensure that the harvest is sustainable... and that requires conservation of habitat.....Sound very much like environmentalists....

I cant believe people are comparing fish...with a useless creature like the common cat. :confused:

As far as an environmental impact the common cat is responsible for the death of more of our native species of birds and small mammals then any other animal around.
A lot of countries require cats to be on a leash or cage when outside. I have a preferred method when outside...underwater.

Sorry if I have offended anyone...but IMHO a cat is just a leech with four legs.

Again sorry if this offends anyone...but the comparison is way out there.

OK, you don't like cats
Useless ? ... Leaches ? ... Feral ones damaging to the environment ?... that could be said about all pets

I love cats, I have 1 and I care more about her than I do most people so I'm not going to dine on any land fish but a nice grilled German sheppard steak is starting to sound mighty tasty. At least us hunters believe in eating what we kill, I'm not sure PETA plans to eat all those pets they kill each year, there are starving nations that would gladly snack on some of those former house pets.

OK, you don't like cats
Useless ? ... Leaches ? ... Feral ones damaging to the environment ?... that could be said about all pets

I said sorry if anyone was offended...and yes I don't have anytime for cats.

I do think that Andy007s idea of getting them from the wild is a really good one...if everyone did that, it would knock the feral population down.

And I do believe spearfishing is very selective and sea kittens wouldn't deter me or my children from killing a fish.

I said sorry if anyone was offended...and yes I don't have anytime for cats.

I do think that Andy007s idea of getting them from the wild is a really good one...if everyone did that, it would knock the feral population down.

And I do believe spearfishing is very selective and sea kittens wouldn't deter me or my children from killing a fish.

Sadly, after trapping them in June, raising them for most of the summer, and giving to relatives, the only things that have been knocked down were a decorative bowl full of glass balls, the living room curtains, the christmas tree....
fyi, grey-white male, has thumbs!, named Ranger
black female- Stella

I cant believe people are comparing fish...with a useless creature like the common cat. :confused:

Well... my neighbor has three cats... two stay in the house (ie, out from underfoot)... they're fed, pappered, purring little suckups... the third is this nasty three-legged ball of scoungy fur that absolutely REFUSES to go anywere near the inside of a house and has more distain for people than the worst crumgeon on this list.. (I call him "Bill"...)...

... but ya' know... since Bill came to the neighborhood the number of chipmunks that seem to prefer digging around my foundation and under my porches rather than in the acres of timber around me... has decreased. The mouse population has gone down too...

... has a fish ever done that for me... NO!
... have those two free-loadin' cats ever done that for me... NO!
... have the worst crumgeons on this list ever done that for me... NO!

GO BILL!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom